New Issues

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by DonSellos, May 25, 2018.

1. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

The USPS will issue a "frozen treats" 1st class mail forever series on June 20th, 2018. They are scratch and sniff stamps. There already is a lot of derision about these stamps on another popular stamp forum. They don't appeal to me and I probably won't buy any of them for my outgoing mail, but then I'm an old grump who prefers traditional designs.

Don

The stamps:

[​IMG]

Molokai and Werner Salentin like this.
  2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I agree with you Don, the subject leaves a lot to be desired. I won't be rushing out to buy these either. I wonder what the shelf life is on the scratch and sniff part of it?

3. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

They are stickers, not stamps. Hideous in my humble opinion.

DonSellos and Werner Salentin like this.
  4. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

The U.S.P.S. is about to launch a new series of three high-value stamps. A $1, $2, & $5 stamps. The denominations are printed in a special ink that causes the values to change color when viewed from a different angle. I'm uncertain how that improves them. The designs are attractive, in my opinion. Here are images of them from the post office website. They go on sale 6/27/18.

Don

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted