New Film on Stamp Collecting

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Molokai, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

Another film on stamp collecting. The preview looks quite good! I notice a couple of shots of Ernest Borgnine from the older film, Timbremania.

http://www.freaksanderrorsfilm.com/

James-2489, DonSellos and Hochstrasse like this.
  2. DonSellos

DonSellos Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. A film about obsession, intrigue and first-class postage. Interesting, but I'm skeptical.

I watched the preview and unless there is some top level acting and some kind of plot to follow, I can't imagine this to be anything other than a real snoozer. The preview doesn't contain much more than the usual cliches about stamp collecting, i.e. the wonder and excitement? that rare stamps provide, the different collecting avenues to follow, things of great beauty, etc. It would be interesting to see how the movie unfolds.

Don

3. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

Howdy, DON-

Keep in mind these films are for a non-philatelic audience. For that purpose, it looks pretty decent to me. Production values seem fairly high, compared with Timbremania was one thing I noticed from the preview.

Draft saved Draft deleted