New British Empire Collector

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Glorian, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Glorian

Glorian New Member

I am a new member who collects stamps of the British Empire 1840-1903. I have excellent stocks of Germany & colonies, France and colonies, Portugal and colonies with acceptable stocks of better values of the rest of the world, to exchange. I exchange on basis of Scott cv's. Only Fine to Very Fine stamps offered or accepted. I have been involved in philately for more than 50 years. Originally from the Philippines, I have made my home in Canada for many years. My husband is a stamp dealer. My name is Glorian Singer

Steve Robinson likes this.
  2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Welcome Glorian, nice to have you. Looking forward to your postings. :happy:

3. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome to the forum Glorian.
    Nice to have you here. :)

4. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome aboard Glorian. Do you help your husband out in his business? Is it an online or brick and mortar shop?

5. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome Glorian as a collector with similar interests (Mine goes to Independence) I would love to see some of the stuff that you have :D

6. Glorian

Glorian New Member

Hi Peter,
    My husbands stamp dealer business is neither on line nor a bricks and mortar operation. He is a stamp show (British: stamp fair) dealer. I accompany him to shows only when they are out of town. Unfortunately (or fortunately), our ages are making such out of town trips much fewer than previously.

Hi Steve, Our scanner, for some reason unbeknownst to us, is not talking to our computer, making posting scans impossible. We are waiting for Allan's daughter to visit from the west coast to put it to rights. Her name is Ariella, and she's the family computer guru.

I'm open to swaps, and would appreciate offers from the membership.

Allan says he's willing to service want lists and offers a 60% discount from Scott values. There are often "deals" on the table, ie Switzerland Scott #18 used. The cv on this one is $1,400.00. It has 3 generous margins showing the frame lines of the 3 adjoining stamps, but a bit into at the bottom. He is offering it at $150.00.

7. Steve Robinson

LOL I know that feeling all too well Glorian, had scanner/puter problems myself. What shows do you do here in the UK? I live in London

8. Glorian

Glorian New Member

Sorry, we don't do any shows in the UK. A bit far to come from Toronto. But we do shows all over Ontario province, as well as in Quebec province, and once in a while we do the show in the Buffalo area in upstate New York. Nov 14-16 is the date for this years Canadian Stamp Dealers Assn. Show, which will be at its new location at the International Centre in nearby Mississauga. There are usually several G.B. dealers who participate.

9. Steve Robinson

Ah sorry it was your reference to "British Stamp Fair" that made me wonder :) we do get dealers over here from the US from time to time though

10. Glorian

Glorian New Member

I can see the source of the confusion. I did not write British Stamp Fair, but British:
    stamp fair. The colon must have been overlooked.

Draft saved Draft deleted