My US Collection

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by zararina, Aug 15, 2011.

1. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Coffeeaddict and Steve Robinson like this.
  2. Zach24

Zach24 Member

3. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

4. swish513

swish513 Active Member

nice start zararina!

5. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Zararina, If you would like more US stamps, let me know, I could send you 100 different US stamps, and you could send me 100 of whatever, if you have duplicates.

6. zararina

7. Alvin

Alvin Member

8. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

It's a good offer Zarina why not take Alvin up on it :D

9. Alvin

Alvin Member

ratio411 and steve logan like this.
  10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

may I post some of my newest stuff? I'm not sure if there are rules like on the other place about acquiring so many posts first or not? ~Jay

11. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

OK here is a few of the sets I been working on this month. enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alvin and Albert like this.
  12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I still need a few to finish them up but it's a work in progress. I'm currently picking up some stuff so I have trade material which is sorely lacking right now in my collection. When I do I'll certainly be up for some trades.
    I'm Jeff but my close friends call me Jay (so may you). I'm 39 Got 2 kids and own a farm I also am a musician and travel constantly so I'll be in and out...there lol that's me in a nutshell. -Peace

13. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Nice collection Jay. Welcome to Stamp Exchange. Enjoy!!!!

14. zararina

You have a nice collection Jay and welcome to stamp exchange. ;)
    Hope to see you often in this forum. - zara

15. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Thank you! That certainly isn't my whole collection but rather just a few sets I been focusing on this past month. I'm glad you enjoyed looking it over! ~Jay

16. Alvin

Alvin Member

Welcome, Jay. Some nice older stuff in those pics. The 1902-03 series (second group in your photos) is one of my favorites.

17. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Thank you Alvin!

18. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Oh you like Series 1902 (even though the majority was released in 1903) lol Yes I actually just got most of those this week thank to Dave!

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Oooh I missed that Marilyn Monro pane! Very nice. I see in the Scott catalog that it's #2967 and valued at .85¢ @ Unused and the whole mint pane of 20 (like you have shown) is valued at $25.00 Can't hate that! Congrats!

20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I see that C122, C125 & C128 up there an I like those!

Scott cat. says their value is: #C122 Used- .50¢ Un- $1.00 #C125 Used-.50¢ Un- $1.00 #C128 Used- .25¢ Un-$1.00

Now if your not familiar with or are new to the scott catalog values, then hopefully this will help-
    The catalog value is just a reference and should not be taken as an actual figure set-in-stone. Condition is eveything! Centering, rounded and missing perfs, gum disturbance, etc.. are all factors in estimating a stamps value. Some stamps go for far more than catalog value just due to eye appeal (amongst other things) and can also be valued well below catalog value as well. It should also be noted that the base-line of .20¢ is given as a fast figure of the time the dealer puts into just handling it. and some are worth just a fraction of face value.

Draft saved Draft deleted