My time away

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by steve logan, Apr 26, 2012.

1. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

hi to all

i am sorry ni have not been around for the last 6 week, but i have been very ill, as well as an infection in both my7 eyes that have made it near impossible for me to look at the PC screen as it was too too bright, i have been losing unnatural amounts of weight, 4 stone in 3 months), this has made me quite week and tired, i am still losing the weight and tests are ongoing, but i can say with the help ofr light sunglasses i can see the monitor, but struggle to see the letters on the keyboard lol

i would like all to know, i have not been staying away because of anything happening on this site, i do love it here and the people, but my actual stamp collection has had to take a place on the back burner while the tests are heppening, and i will be around more all be it just commenting on threads and helping where i can, but no stamps to be shown the wife has made me pack them up, as we will be looking to move soon as well lol.

The welcome packs will have to stop from me for a while, i will amend that thread shortly until i can get myself well enough to start sorting again

so you will see a bit more nof me on here now as the weeks progress

Steve

2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Oh my Steve I hope everything turns out OK! What happened you think? Prayers and well wishes from the Frye Family Get well and back to stamping soon! If you can check in from time to time and update your status. We'll miss you till you get back. -Jeff

steve logan likes this.
  3. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

Steve,

I hope the doctors get this figured out soon...and it is good to have you back even if on a more limited basis. Don't stay away from your stamps too long...in my opinion, a lack of philately is a health risk as well...just sayin'...

steve logan likes this.
  4. windmill

windmill Active Member

Get well soon Steve Logan. We miss you this past few weeks. I thought you are not online because you are on vacation in other country.

5. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Hope that you feel better now.
    Take care Steve L. :)

6. Bionicbelly

Bionicbelly Getting this stamp thing licked

Steve
    I think I know what may be wrong with you quote " an infection in both my 7 eyes "
    You can't count you dummy !!!!!:p
    der both 7 , makes 14
    you are not losing weight - your brain has evaporated !! :rolleyes:

Get well soon bud -
    Bionic

Darrin likes this.
  7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

STEVE- I just recently seen a documentary of sorts on a parasite that sounds like what your going through and you have been in Thailand correct? Well his guy had an infection in both of his eyes and was losing weight very badly. The Doctors were stumped until a weird series of events caused the issue to reveal itself. It was a type of worm- a very little worm that gets in behind the eyeball and basically got suffocated out. Here's how: They was treating the eye infection with gauze and medications and I guess the worm suffocated and that's how they found it. My wife says the show is called Mystery diagnosis and is a T.V. series here in the USA.

I'd rather be wrong and have tried than have done nothing and something worse happens. -Jay

8. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

I'm happy to have you here with us Steve, even if its for a small comment here and there. Hope everything works out for you, and good luck friend!!

If we are planning on sending you any stamps soon, should we wait until the move to the new address?

9. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Sorry to hear about your health. Glad that you gave us an update, we were all worried about you. Hope things get better, and if there is anything we can do, let us know.

10. Equinox

Equinox Member

Hi Steve!
    Sorry to hear that you are having some health issues.
    I'm sure that everyone from the forums will agree you are a very upbeat guy, so stay positive and don't feel downhearted.

It will come and go before you know it.
    I'm looking forward to hearing your are back to normal!

Get well soon,
    From Cormac on behalf of the Irish!

11. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear about you illness my friend. But I think Dr. Jay may be on to something here. His possible cause might be closer then Dr. Bionics and his 14 eye balls.:confused:

12. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Wishing you well in your recovery.

Sometimes (me thinks) world-wide travel is fraught with many hazards, and you may have just discovered / experienced another one of them that tells me 'stay home and enjoy life to its fullest'.

13. Jen

Jen Member

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well lately; I wish you a speedy recovery, Steve.

14. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

Not to make light of Steve's illness but am I the only one who is chuckling while imagining Steve sitting at his desk with a pair of sunglasses on staring at his computer? I hope you all will forgive my somewhat off-color sense of humor...

kacyds likes this.
  15. Bionicbelly

Darrin

If that's all he is wearing :cool: ... I would rather not hold that vision too long if you don't mind :mad:
    See, now you have put me off my breakfast sausage !:eek:

Darrin likes this.
  16. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

That was me this morning too...posted my sympathies and started thinking about it on the way to work in my car...started laughing out loud by the time I got to our parking lot.

17. swish513

swish513 Active Member

i'm going to have nightmares for a month now. thanks! lol

hope you get better soon steve!

kacyds likes this.
  18. Irene Tingson

Irene Tingson Member

Get well soon Steve. Take care.

19. Bionicbelly

LOL
    Play "Jaws " music..........

" Just as you thought it was safe to open that Stamp Album ............ "
    A cape trianuglar love affair between a man, his sun glasses and a treskilling Yellow.

Now showing via a web cam near you ....

Starring Logie Bear Logan , ( winner of the acclaimed Stampexchange "Freebies" awards,) and having featured in such blockbusters as " Eyes wide shut" ( another nudey) and " Hawid Henry " ( get it ? Horrid / Hawid )

Another acting perf -ormance that proves Logan is most definatley Un-Hinged ( Exchange News )

Logan has cast his usual 1st Class Stamp on this production ( Nudity Times )

Co starring ~ Penny Black and Aussie Roos

with a guest performance from Queen Victoria singing "The Twopenny Blues "

Jeeez I am wasted here -- move over Spielberg ;)

20. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

You take care of yourself mate :(

Draft saved Draft deleted