My One-Per-Day Set

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Gunny, Aug 16, 2014.

1. RICHARD Babcock

RICHARD Babcock Active Member

This is a Rare cancel Lockport New York Mar. 26, There are only Two covers with the Lockport provisional this being one with only some of the stamps attached, Im hoping to add it to my collection this month if i win it. 1.jpg

DonSellos likes this.
  2. RICHARD Babcock

3. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Richard, I like the slogan cancel on the Minneapolis cover. Probably not scarce, but I don't remember seeing a NAMW slogan before.

Don

4. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

A trio of US Scott #26's covering February 28th, August 26th & December 19th. I see possible Hartford, Ct and Charleston, SC postmarks.

0228 26 3C.jpg 0826 26 3C.jpg 1219 26 3C.jpg

Molokai likes this.
  5. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

6. RICHARD Babcock

Nice Gunny, Don you have me hooked on cancels now! And I love it. Just received a book, Fifty-Eighth American Philatelic Congress October 10, 1992 Colopex 92 Columbus, Ohio. And one used 231 broken hat from Phil Banister, He is helping my addiction with U.S. 231, It was sent Priority Mail double packed, He placed twenty eight dollars of stamps on the inside bag that got covered by the postal back. Wish they were canceled but they did not get canceled. The book is mint, I recommend buying from him. phil2.jpg

Molokai likes this.
  7. Molokai

I have also had only positive experiences with Phil Bransner.

8. RICHARD Babcock

9. Gunny

It's not the normal cancel that I'm collecting. It's stamp cancels with a date on the stamp, not the package/cover. Trying to get a stamp cancellation for each day of the year.

10. RICHARD Babcock

Yes cool, If you need any dates and i have them ill send them to you.

11. Gunny

When I get down to about a dozen or so left, I'll put out a bounty on them and let everyone know which ones I need.

12. Gunny

A couple of dates in July completed. We have a US Scott #25 (I believe) for July 4th, and a US Scott # 63 for July 26th. This gives me a grand total of 109 different dates, almost a third of the way there.

0704 25 3C.jpg 0726 63 1C.jpg

DonSellos and Molokai like this.
  13. Gunny

Filled March 14th (Scott #11), April 30th (Scott #11) and August 30th (Scott #C31). Will have some more tomorrow.

0314 11 3C.jpg 0430 11 3C.jpg 0830 C31 50C.jpg

anglobob, DonSellos and Molokai like this.
  14. Molokai

15. Takis Kalogerakos

Takis Kalogerakos Active Member

16. Gunny

Filled three more dates with a Scott #11 for July 1st, a Scott #11 for July 8th and a Scott #24 for August 27th. That gives me 115 different dates covered with only 251 more to go. The July 1st stamp is a Philadelphia blue ink cancel. Don't think it adds a premium though. A couple more will be posted tomorrow.

0701 11 3C.jpg 0708 11 3C.jpg 0827 24 1C.jpg

Molokai likes this.
  17. BettyBoop

BettyBoop Member

i like these Gunny, looking forward to hearing when you have the whole 365 (even 366)

Gunny likes this.
  18. Gunny

Filled two more dates with Scott #11's for April 2nd and April 19th. That gives me 117 different dates covered with only 249 more to go. The April 19th is a Syracuse, NY blue ink cancel.

0402 11 3C.jpg 0419 11 3C.jpg

Molokai and DonSellos like this.
  19. Molokai

<Gunny>'s task here is not an easy one, folks! Yesterday I searched through an album of almost 400 1-cent large and small Banknotes and found exactly ONE date!

Gunny likes this.
  20. anglobob

anglobob Moderator Moderator

I agree.it is not an easy task.I also take part in a postmark calendar on another forum.Right now am looking for September postmarks.I try to locate stamps with a postmark showing date and city/town name,plus the country name if shown.

Draft saved Draft deleted