My One-Per-Day Set

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Gunny, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

Am building a set of stamps that have a Day & Month cancellation on the stamp. Will try to complete a whole year of them.

I'll use this thread to post pictures of them as I go along instead of starting a new thread every time I make a purchase.

Added January 25th (Scott 206), April 24th (Scott 232) & October 6th (Scott 215) a couple of days ago.

0125 206 1C.jpg 0424 232 3C.jpg

[​IMG]
    1006 215 4C.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    James-2489 and Hochstrasse like this.
  2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Those are nice clear cancels. I've often thought about building a calender collection with a leap year stamp to boot. For one reason or another I've not followed through, I admire your ambition. I guess I have my hand in too many areas to start one at this moment.

3. Gunny

Yeah, I'm sticking to this and Air Mails. For the Air Mails, I'm going to get some good quality stamps. For my One-Per-Day set, I'll pretty much take what I can get as long as the stamp doesn't have any severe faults and the cancellation is clear.

4. I bet you don't include any mint stamps in your collection!

5. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Love that L.A. cancellation! I don't do calendars, but have a growing CDC collection. I also watch for special day/event cancels, i.e. holidays, my birthday, and, every once in awhile, first days of issue.

Don

6. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

This is a nice idea. I like those cancels and stamps. :)

7. Gunny

Added March 24th (Scott 210), June 19th (Scott 63) & December 13th (Scott 210) to the collection. Wish I could make out the city that the June 19th Scott 63 was cancelled in. "AUKI", any ideas?

0324 210 2C.jpg 0619 63 1C.jpg 1213 210 2C.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I love the Scott 63 stamp Gunny. On that date of June 19, 1863 was fought the battle of Middleburg, Virginia.

Gunny likes this.
  9. Gunny

Thanks for that info. I sometimes forget that when these stamps were used, Americans were actively killing each other on the battlefields of our own country.

10. littleriverphil

littleriverphil Active Member

Any clue to any letter of the state?

11. Gunny

I'm thinking now that that is a "WI" in the bottom right hand corner, which would make sense for Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Not sure. It looks like "AUKI" at the top of the stamp instead of a "AUKE".

12. Gunny

Added January 16th (Scott 806), February 12th (Scott 1503) and February 20th (Scott 1504). The date on the LBJ stamp is hard to see but it's there.

[​IMG]
    0116 806 2C.jpg 0212 1503 8C.jpg 0220 1504 8C.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hochstrasse and zararina like this.
  13. zararina

I like those stamps and the cancels. :)

14. mscolumalum

mscolumalum New Member

That is such a cool idea. I don't know why I never thought of it. Do you mind if I steal it?

15. Gunny

Go for it. It is an interesting idea, but keep in mind, it will be a very long process to complete.

16. Gunny

Added a couple more via Air Mail stamps. First up is a Scott C30 dated June 21st and then a Scott C29 dated August 14th.

0621 C30 30C.jpg 0814 C29 20C.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hochstrasse likes this.
  17. zararina

Really nice additions. Like the colors of those stamps a lot.

Gunny likes this.
  18. Gunny

Added December 26th to the set. It's a Scott 368 cancelled in Brooklyn, NY at 1130 PM.

1226 328 Brooklyn NY 2C.jpg
    [​IMG]

19. zararina

Nice, seemed like it was cancelled twice?

20. Gunny

I'm guessing there was another stamp to the right of this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted