My Canadian Airmail Stamps

Discussion in 'World Stamps' started by kacyds, Sep 18, 2011.

1. kacyds

kacyds New Member

View attachment 757 Just wanted to share my complete Canada airmail stamps. They were issued from 1928-1946.

2. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

very nice, i think i have a few of them myself

3. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Thanks, for some reason I love airmail stamps. I was disappointed to learn that GB had only 3 airmail stamps, and they were issued in 2003-04. What a bummer :eek:

4. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

yes we were a bit slow there, may have something to do with the airmail stickers that showed it was due to go to another country lol

5. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Most countries dont issue airmail stamps anymore, but the US does. Dont ask me why they do, because you can use any stamps you want to, in place of airmail stamps. On one of the packages I sent you they had a couple of recent airmail stamps on it.

6. swish513

swish513 Active Member

i didn't even realize they still issued them. you learn something new everyday.

7. kacyds

kacyds New Member

8. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

kris.....Is that the complete set of Canadian Airmail? What other countries have Airmail stamps? I'd like to see any airmail stamps you guys might have

9. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Yes its complete, they only issued 9 stamps. Most countries had Airmail stamps. That DVD that I sent you will be able to tell you what countries have airmail stamps. Mexico quit issueing airmails in 1980, and they issued 636 airmail stamps. That would be a collection.... lol

10. swish513

swish513 Active Member

the local brach office for my zip sells every stamp, plus "the postal service guide to u.s. stamps", which is updated every year. the branch office for the closest zip does not sell anything but the purple heart forever stamps. and there is another "distribution" center (i forget the technical name) close by, and they don't sell anything. i was just unaware that airmail stamps were still produced. i've never asked about them.

11. kacyds

kacyds New Member

If you look at the website, there is a .80cent airmail stamp for this year. Thats the rate to mail a 1 ounce letter to Canada or Mexico.

12. kacyds

kacyds New Member

[​IMG]

This is a Netherland Airmail stamp I have. I like the triangle design.

Sam B likes this.
  13. swish513

swish513 Active Member

it used to be 84¢. and they wonder why they are in the red...

14. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Lovely set of stamps

kacyds likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted