Modern but rare

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by RICHARD Babcock, Jun 21, 2019.

1. I purchased this 10 years ago, Modern rarity st8.jpg only one sheet found, this is half of it, removed from Scott from lack of sales. Other half for sale on Ebay. Was my purchase wise? What is the number of these U.S. stamps?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    DonSellos likes this.
  2. JCG

JCG Member

Richard, the Scott Catalogue No, for the block of 4 with "Black Omitted" is 3492c. You did not state what you paid for them, but any error with a color missing is very collectible by some people. My catalog, 2016 version, does not list a value for it which means there is not enough information to put a value on it. Similar stamps that I looked at on eBay vary greatly in value, with the range of ~$50.00 to hundreds of US dollars. With no value being assigned means that there are not very many in existence to be sold/traded. Your purchase was very wise is you didn't pay an exorbitant price for it. Good looking error! (Cited from: https://www.stampexchange.com/threa...: StampExchangeUpdate (Stamp Exchange Update))

DonSellos likes this.
  3. I paid seven hundred for it, The reason being is when it was first discovered it was reported on the news. As soon as i saw it i bid on it. I thought about separating it for other collectors but was talked out of doing it on Richard Frajola Philatelic stamp sight. So its still in the safe. The other half continues to climb in value. It was listed for 1500 in the cat when i purchased it. Maybe ill pass it on to my kids some day. I put it in a show here.What i can brag about is it is actually rarer then the c3 inverted Jenning. Just not as pricey, well not for another 90 years lol

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  4. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

DonSellos likes this.
  5. That is 3492b type, Bill has my other half of 3492c type as well for sale 3750.00. nice too see them both

Hochstrasse likes this.
  6. anglobob

anglobob Moderator Moderator

Apparently,the problem with this individual/individuals has been solved.Hope you keep posting......
    Anglobb

7. To up date this post,. It seems Scott has released a rarity guide including moderns this year. I purchased one. Will arrive soon in the mail.

Gunny likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted