Looks Like Donald Trump will get a stamp

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by tasha, Mar 2, 2016.

1. tasha

tasha Active Member

he seems to be doing well at the polls in the elections and although I don't want to go into politics I do think that he might be getting that stamp and if he doesn't he might just buy the postal service and make his own!

2. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Certainly has the money to do it but think... do you REALLY want to spend money on something with an uncertain future?

3. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Right that even he will not win, he can pay to have his own postal stamp. ;)

4. Jamesh

Jamesh New Member

I doubt that he'll have a postage stamp. He's not important enough! I know that there are some silly ones, but there's such a process to get someone on the stamp. If, god forbid, he became president, that still wouldn't guarantee it. Not all presidents have stamps. Do any?

5. Werner Salentin

Werner Salentin Well-Known Member

All dead US-presidents have at least one stamp
    to theirs credit.
    If Trump should become president,that would
    prove Plato right.He wrote: democracy is the mother of tyranny.
    One has always to remember: Adolf Hitler was elected democraticly !
    However I do not want to equalize Trump with
    Hitler.Trump is not much more than a fake of a
    politician,while Hitler was a fascinating monster with a mission.

6. LickemStickem

LickemStickem New Member

He should stay on out the stamp business haha. If it's anything like his steak brand it is sure to be a bust. Even though he had to remind us that he was still in business with those darn steaks.

7. Jim Shaver

Jim Shaver Active Member

Besides, isn't there a rule that no living person be placed on a stamp?

8. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

In the Philippines, as far as I know, all presidents have stamps whenever they become presidents. Also there are lots of live personalities in here that I have seen on stamps like beauty queens and celebrities.

9. gmckeebiz

gmckeebiz New Member

I seriously doubt that. I just don't think Donald Trump is electable. I say this as a conservative who is not a fan of his. He's offended far too many people and disliked by far too many people to be elected. Whether it's hispanics, women, blacks, he's very unpopular with all of those groups. Therefore I fully expect Hillary Clinton to be the next president, as much as I hate to say that. As she's pretty disliked herself. It's going to be the worst election I've ever witnessed, regardless of who ends up winning.

Draft saved Draft deleted