Let's See Funny/Cute Stamps!

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Randi, Mar 9, 2015.

1. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Still in the spirit of Christmas with this cute US angel Christmas stamp. :)
    [​IMG]
    source

2. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello all, my "Cute" stamp for today is this monkey from the Ryukyu Islands 1968.

upload_2016-2-9_17-42-13.png

Regards, James.

zararina and Hochstrasse like this.
  3. zararina

Happy year of the monkey everyone. :D

James-2489 likes this.
  4. James-2489

Hello all, copy of Tasha message in "Lets see some Toys": "some very cute ones here! I don't have any south African ones but I googled for some and we don't have any! we used to have a charity thing called red nose day and they did have a stamp for that but I cant seem to find any history on it"

How about this cute Rote Nasen - Red Nose Day stamp from Austria.
    Date of issue: 2002-09-10

[​IMG]

Regards, James.

zararina and Hochstrasse like this.
  5. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I found a link to Red Noses Clowndoctors. Apparently it is an organization that lightens the mood of sick and suffering patients. This stamp undoubtedly to commemorate that work. I love that caricature on the stamp.

http://www.rednoses.eu/

SATX Collector and James-2489 like this.
  6. James-2489

Hello all,
    Red Nose Day
    is a fundraising campaign run by the nonprofit organization Comic Relief Inc. In the UK, Red Nose Day has been going for 30 years and is an inspiring cultural phenomenon that unites people from all walks of life in the interest of saving and changing lives across the globe.
    Red Nose Day
    2015, raised an incredible £99,418,831 (US$ 144,037,000) and saw Comic Relief pass an epic milestone.

Regards, James.

Hochstrasse likes this.
  7. zararina

Good to know about that kind of campaign and good way of commemorating it. :)

8. barbiebarbie73

barbiebarbie73 New Member

i love the Rohal Dhal stamp and the forever one too! but this has to be one of my favorites, I just wish I could have it as part of my collection.

James-2489 likes this.
  9. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

I believe that is a depiction of Bambi... I remember a similar scene in the movie.

James-2489 likes this.
  10. SATX Collector

I have known about them as well... around the Memphis area there are similar doctors at St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

Hochstrasse and James-2489 like this.
  11. zararina

You're maybe right. :)

12. James-2489

Hello all, another cute Mickey Mouse stamp, minisheet from the island of Nevis.
    1993?
    [​IMG]
    Regards, James.

Dread likes this.
  13. zararina

Better to keep the stamp in its sheet, so cute and meaningful. :D

14. amelia88

amelia88 Member

Living in Japan right now, I think the majority of stamps they issue here do come under the category of cute. I've got Hello Kitty Stamps that have been issued here as well as a variety of other cute character stamps.

[​IMG]

Snoopy is also very popular over here - these are some stamps not in my collection right now but similar to ones I do have. One thing you do often see with stamps here is that they aren't always square. The love heart shape and circle shape are relatively common for stamps here - which is a nice change from the same old square or rectangle.

I have posted some other threads of cute stamps in my collection such as Disney princess ones!

Dread and James-2489 like this.
  15. amelia88

amelia88 Member

[​IMG]
    Another Japanese set - featuring Hello Kitty, Little Twin Stars and My Melody from the Sanrio group. Again the stamps are outside the realm of the usual square shape. I love these ones and I think they look so bright and happy!

SATX Collector, Dread and James-2489 like this.
  16. James-2489

Hello all, another "cute" sheet from the UK.
    upload_2016-8-8_20-42-53.png

Regards, James.

SATX Collector likes this.
  17. SATX Collector

I have read most of the books associated with the characters in the stamps: 'The Wind and the Willows' being the exception.

Nice stamps again, James!!!:D

18. James-2489

Hello all, more GB stamps celebrating the 150th Anniversary of the Birth of Beatrix Potter.

Date of issue: 2016-07-28.
    upload_2017-9-21_7-5-44.png

Regards, James.

Draft saved Draft deleted