leonardo dicaprio stamp?

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by tasha, Mar 1, 2016.

1. tasha

tasha Active Member

I wonder if Leonardo dicaprio will get a stamp with him holding his Oscar on it as he has waited so long for this it must be a historic moment! well done to him and if you do find a stamp with him on it with the Oscar, please let me know!

2. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

3. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Would have to be a foreign (to USA) country (or issuing entity, to be totally PC) as it takes death and special intervention to appear on an issued stamp before the 10th year death anniversary...

4. swalia

swalia Member

Hahahaha....this would be a good idea! Leo with his much awaited Oscar trophy! And by the way, Trinidad and Tobago had issued a commemorative stamp to applaud his performance in Titanic.

5. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Most probably in the future he will have that US commemorative stamp for winning the Oscar. :)

6. tasha

tasha Active Member

oh that is so cute and I thought it would be a country that was in need of environmental help as he does so much for our environment as well. Of course America would not put it on as after that entire black and white controversy they would be too scared to add him to a stamp, it might cause racial conflict!

7. LickemStickem

LickemStickem New Member

They're not giving a stamp to Leo before they give one to George Carlin. I'd like to see him on one. Have they done a Richard Pryor stamp? If so does anyone here have one, and are you willing to sell it?

8. gmckeebiz

gmckeebiz New Member

I don't think I'd ever want Leonard Decaprio to get a stamp. Of course considering the rules in regards to who gets on stamps I think i'll be long gone from this earth before he gets one, if he ever does. He's a great actor, but I don't think he's really significant in the grand scheme of things considering some of the monumental figures of history that are on most postage stamps. Great actor, but nothing more in my opinion.

9. amelia88

amelia88 Member

You pretty much read my mind! I have nothing against Leo and I think he is a wonderful, world class actor - but I think having him on a stamp might be a little too much. I think the whole idea of who should be put on a stamp has been pretty hotly debated, in various parts of the world. I'd prefer to see doctors or scientists before actors and actresses on stamps!

10. SATX Collector

Disagree with the bolded statement above... I am sure that he will get a stamp of some sort. I have seen some other folks get stamps that had a lot less 'street-cred" than Leo...

11. sahara1981

sahara1981 New Member

A stamp with Leo on it would be so cool. I would buy it as long as it is not that expensive. Of course, there are many other people who were not that famous and were put on stamps. So that means there is lots of hope for a Leo stamp!

12. CalzoneManiac

CalzoneManiac Member

I thought the rule had been changed to five years recently.

13. SATX Collector

I know some 'exceptions' have been made lately but not sure if the rule was changed. I for one would vote for a shorter period than 10 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted