Lawrence Block's John Keller Fiction Series, (Killer & Stamp Collector)

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Harry Golightly, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Harry Golightly

Harry Golightly NonHinged

Greetings Group,
    I just got through re-reading Block's, John Keller 'mystery' series, centered around a professional Hit-Man who is also an ardent & serious Stamp Collector.
    Just wondering if there are any other members, (with similar taste) who have enjoyed this set of 5 books.
    Perhaps there are members who have not been introduced to John Keller & If so, they might enjoy reading the series: "Hit Man", "Hit List", "Hit Parade", "Hit & Run", and the last in the series, "Hit Me".
    I'm not sure but I may have read somewhere that the writer was a philatelist.
    Comment always appreciated & Happy T-Day to all,
    HGG

DonSellos likes this.
  2. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

Greetings <Golightly> and a Happy Gooble-Gooble Day to you, too!

I am not familiar with said books, but will certainly pick up one to read over the holidays. Grazie.

3. Harry Golightly

Hi Molo,
    Great! I'll be interested in hearing what you think.
    I'd recommend reading them in chronological order as there is a character arc, of sorts.
    If you get to the last one, enjoy the series & live in the U.S., I'll mail the last installment "Hit Me" to you as a Freebie.
    Cheers,
    HG

Molokai likes this.
  4. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

Grazie! I just added it to an Amazon order for two chess books. :)

Stephen Datz' The Wild Side' has a couple tales of shady characters. (Datz was a stamp dealer here in Colorado and wrote a few books similar but not as good (IMHO) as Herst's efforts.)

5. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

I've not read Block's books, but if I remember correctly he is a collector and wrote a column in Linns for a short while.

Don

6. Harry Golightly

Thanks, both to Don & Molokai for their feedback.
    I just ordered, Datz's "On The Road- The Quest For Stamps", the 3rd in his series
    and rated 5*.
    IMO, He would have to be really good to compare to Hearst's "Nassau Street", but will be pleased if it simply holds my interest.
    Regards,
    HGG

Draft saved Draft deleted