Las Bela

Discussion in 'Want Lists' started by fa1con, Dec 20, 2011.

1. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

well something like a screwdriver, a blunt object and not a lot of water by the look of it, and it is very thin as well

2. kacyds

kacyds New Member

You can own all 6 stamps for less than forty bucks.

3. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Yes i know, if they are so rare why such a low catalogue value, i have KGVI Wildings that are worth more lol

4. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

that is if you can find them lol, i did not know i had that one till i searched scotts and saw the stamp, then i remembers i has seen something like it before, and as Philactica said, i thought it was not even a stamp when i was sorting and threw it into my unknown box lol
    i wonder if i will come across anymore on my box hunts.
    i have USA all over my table at the moment trying to sort all the different variations on these president, and what i have now found out to be banknote stamps :)
    i have also found quite a few precancelled stamps, but forgot who was asking for them

5. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Thank you Steve, now all can see.
    The Michel shows this stamp after Pakistan, on cover it should be worth a bit ;)

6. kacyds

kacyds New Member

That was Swish513

7. The pin tale is true, if you look at the top of the stamp you can see some of the pin holes. Those that were not perforated in this way were torn with fingers, thus few exist in good condition and catalogue value does not reflect the price collectors are willing to pay for these stamps. You could get over 4 x cat price for the stamp right now as the dealer obviously knew when he asked to buy it; do not sell.

8. The catalogue you have shown is totally pathetic, there were 17 stamps produced and some are valued at £1300!!!
    When it comes to catalogues there is only one yardstick and that is Stanley Gibbons, where all stamps are clearly listed and properly valued.
    The perforations were supposed to be equally spaced and of a certain sizing and if you find one that is perf 11 1/2 [done by hand rememeber] it is worth an absolute fortune. For £74:95 you can get this years Stanley Gibbons catalogue and will be able to access the correct information. Sorry to seem critical when I have only just joined, but surely the club needs correct information right?
    When it comes to serious collecting I do not have opinions but refer to the experts, otherwise it is easy to make the sort of mistakes these forums have in a few places. (again sorry if this offends).
    As to you collecting the entire set, forget it unless you have a great deal of money.

9. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

[quote name='"stampghoulont'edgeoftime.' date=' post: 4366, member: 170"']The catalogue you have shown is totally pathetic, there were 17 stamps produced and some are valued at £1300!!!
    When it comes to catalogues there is only one yardstick and that is Stanley Gibbons, where all stamps are clearly listed and properly valued.
    The perforations were supposed to be equally spaced and of a certain sizing and if you find one that is perf 11 1/2 [done by hand rememeber] it is worth an absolute fortune. For £74:95 you can get this years Stanley Gibbons catalogue and will be able to access the correct information. Sorry to seem critical when I have only just joined, but surely the club needs correct information right?
    When it comes to serious collecting I do not have opinions but refer to the experts, otherwise it is easy to make the sort of mistakes these forums have in a few places. (again sorry if this offends).
    As to you collecting the entire set, forget it unless you have a great deal of money.[/quote]

Maybe you can tell us what type of cancellation was used on this stamp as it looks rather small to be of postal usage.
    What is the Gibboms number and value or a similar print out whould enlighten those that are interested.

10. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

One method of perforating the sheet was to run a wheel over it that had small spikes all along it's rim

11. tantrumstamp

tantrumstamp New Member

[quote name='"stampghoulont'edgeoftime.' date=' post: 4365, member: 170"']The pin tale is true, if you look at the top of the stamp you can see some of the pin holes. Those that were not perforated in this way were torn with fingers, thus few exist in good condition and catalogue value does not reflect the price collectors are willing to pay for these stamps. You could get over 4 x cat price for the stamp right now as the dealer obviously knew when he asked to buy it; do not sell.[/quote]

We do not feel that telling other members of this club not to sell to us, is either gracious or in the spirit of the forum.

12. Everything looks small from certain perpective!

13. 121211

121211 New Member

NOT FUNNY NOT NEEDED :rolleyes:

14. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Strange, I was not trying to be funny or clever, I was just stating what I believed had happened to the stamp I have in my collection, the back of the stamp looks as though it was taken from the paper with a very blunt instrument like a screwdriver?

Draft saved Draft deleted