JKF STAMPS

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by tasha, Apr 5, 2016.

1. tasha

tasha Active Member

Are there any stamps with jkf on them and do any of you have some of these? Are they worth anything or are they just stamps that have been put into an album and forgotten about? JKF was one of the most populsr presidents and having one of those stamps must be exciting!

Molokai likes this.
  2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

3. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello Tasha, there are many JFK stamps from around the world. This one from Aitutaki - Cook Islands. 2013.
    [​IMG]

Or these from Guinea
    [​IMG]

Regards, James.

zararina and Molokai like this.
  4. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

In the years immediately following his assassination there were many JFK stamps issued - and a brisk trade in them. This ad is from the August 14, 1965 Stamps Weekly.
    JFKstamps1053.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  5. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I have a couple of Kennedy stamps from the U.S. and one from Germany that I know of. They are of nominal value, but I cherish them anyway.

Molokai likes this.
  6. Molokai

If you were over the age of eight or nine at the time of his assassination you probably remember exactly where you were, what you were doing.

7. James-2489

Hello all, how true! Apart from my usual daytime job, I used to do theatre lighting some evenings for extra money. I worked on a small platform about 1m2 (10 sq ft) with a 1000 watt spotlight. They interupted the show (The Pirates of Penzance) to make the announcement of JFK,s assassination. After a 2 minutes silence they resumed the show.
    I believe that I could place my feet in my original footprints today.

Regards, James.

SATX Collector and Molokai like this.
  8. zararina

Now I wonder if anyone here have an intensive collection of the JFK stamps or been an avid collector of it before. :)

9. Molokai

zararina, Hochstrasse and James-2489 like this.
  10. James-2489

Hochstrasse likes this.
  11. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I have to agree the lot looks very nice, but it is not directly in my scope of interest. It is a great lot for someone looking for the Kennedy thematic. I'm a little surprised by Molokai's comment about there not being a study group for that.

12. Molokai

Hochstrasse likes this.
  13. zararina

Useful links. I am not specifically collecting these stamps but it is always interesting to read and see details about it. :)

14. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

3rd grade class in Michigan... Mrs. Herschberger. They wheeled in a television (black and white of course...) and traumatized a bunch of us!

15. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Not so much as a topical but a lot of my groupings have Kennedy in them.

16. zararina

Good to know. I think I just have two or three of JFK stamps in my collection.:)

17. LickemStickem

LickemStickem New Member

When I think of President Kennedy all that runs through my mind is the assassination video. It is the type of footage that gets burned into your skull. Sad day for the world to see a good man go in such a terrible and public way.

18. Makanudo

Makanudo Moderator Moderator

This one is German tribute stamp
    jfk1.jpg

SATX Collector, zararina and Molokai like this.
  19. gmckeebiz

gmckeebiz New Member

Those are some pretty awesome JFK stamps. I've started my own presidential collection but do not have any of JFK. I think that speaks to how historic an icon JFK is that he has so many stamps dedicated to him not just here in the United States, but around the world. It shows just how far and powerful America's reach in the world is.

Molokai and Makanudo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted