It all began.................

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by West, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

We is not telling you LOL us Welsh folks have to stick together

2. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

3. swish513

swish513 Active Member

i know what it says! :p

4. West

West New Member

A very kind offer and thank you, I have decided to only get new things though. I have noticed that you all seem more interested in second hand stamps. I am going for pretty rather than what ever the others are. Girly eh? ha ha ha

5. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

i collect both mint and used, i think one of each makes the collection more attractive, even more so with a good clean cancel showing town or city name

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

:eek:

7. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Well Brant, just keep it to yourself then..... :p lol

8. West

West New Member

Good for you Steve, maybe you have more room, or more disposable income.
    I like the way we are able to be friendly, yet still feel we can express our own preferences

9. swish513

swish513 Active Member

:D

10. West

West New Member

..................so now that I have become a collector proper I have let my second hand stamps go (collected from envelopes and so on) and I have gone thematic.
    George V new only.
    Thanks to all the lovely advice and offers you have all forwarded to me, my only way of responding is to keep showing what I manage to acquire.
    I am also going to see if there is a wanted section on here so you can all see what I am looking for.

11. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Wanted in return for what ? Make your own wanted thread.

12. West

West New Member

Done Phil.....

13. sunflower

sunflower Member

I relate West. That is sort of how I first became interested in Stamps. There was an old abandon office across the street from us. The old envelops had .03 cent post marks on them and maybe some for less. They went back to when the old Pellissier Dairy was still going - long before the War (WWII). Anyways, I felt like I would be stealing, so I never took them. I would just go and look and feel so surprised by the many changes I could observe - changes beside the price going up. Eventually, one of the Potts boys burnt the place down. The stamps went to heaven.

Draft saved Draft deleted