It all began.................

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by West, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Dear West, A lot of us have physical rooms full of stamps so it is no trouble or problem sending you a packet. In fact it is as much fun to send those out as it will be for you to receive them so if you change your mind it's all good. I believe you'll find that stamp collectors are a very upstanding and giving bunch and we tend look out for each other stamp-wise. I hope you have fun on your philatelic journey and while I'm thinking of it Check out Lighthouse for binders, vario stock pages and albums as they seem to have really good stuff at reasonable prices. Subway is another one you may like. If you have any questions on their stuff just ask and someone will chime in. -Jay

2. West

West New Member

Dear Jay,
    They look too big for what I have in mind, can you suggest something smaller?

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

They have loads of stuff. Maybe you would prefer the display cards. 3" x 4" black cards with rows on them...Tell you what I'll scan one to show you. It may be a little beat up but new they're pretty great. You can also get really nice little boxes to store them in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. West

West New Member

Thank you, now I know I do not want this, but that is as much help as if I had (does that make sense)
    I think I would like a book and the pages to be white, but not with specific spaces incase I cannot get all the stamps.
    Is there anything like that?

steve logan likes this.
  5. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Yes a stockbook is what you are looking for, there are some reasonably priced ones on ebay, i have bought many from there in the past, although i do prefer the black pages with clear strips myself, see link below for ones of the items you should be looking for
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-RED-S...60?pt=UK_Stamps_Philatley&hash=item53e10d3fc4

steve

Jay likes this.
  6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Ahh I see! Yup I agree with Sir Steve on this one. A stockbook is what you need. Priced right and no "nagging" from an album to fill a gap/hole! I think you found what you are searching for. There is white and clear vario pages also. (Not positive on the white). Well good luck and glad we could help a bit.

7. West

West New Member

I think after all your really useful advice I would like a small, white paged stockbook. I do not use ebay though, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful. I know I am coming across as a deliberately useless woman here, but I am quite happy to trade on the good will of you fine gentlemen : )

Jay likes this.
  8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

9. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

West

As you are UK Based, you may be better off with Amazon uk, here is a link to some nice cheap pocket stockbooks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dauwalders-pocket-stamp-pages-maroon/dp/B003FNKRA2

i think i have a couple of spare pocket books at home, so if you send me your address on PM, i will put some stamps in one and send you as a welcome pack

Steve

10. kacyds

kacyds New Member

If I PM you my address, can you send me a Maserati with stamps in it???:eek::D:p

11. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

no problem, i will just have to move the Bentley lol

kacyds likes this.
  12. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

West were are you Located? if you were in the London area of the UK for example I would point you in the direction of Vera Trinders shop, if you are state side or Canada I am sure a member there could advise you

13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Oh my I hadn't realized you was from across the pond! That does change things a bit doesn't it? I think there would most certainly be a philatelic shop or so set up in the London area.
    On another note I'm very thrilled to see people still excited and inquisitive about stamps no matter where your from! Congrats friend!

kacyds likes this.
  14. West

West New Member

I am in Wales gentlemen

15. Steve Robinson

Cymru am byth and a belated Happy St Davids day :D

16. Steve Robinson

Pop down to your nearest WH Smiths and pick up a copy of Stamp Magazine or Stamp & Coin Monthly/Gibbons (Stamp & Coin has a nice free gift this month) they are full of useful info as well as traders selling all sorts of good stuff

Philactica likes this.
  17. West

West New Member

Cymraeg ddyn , fel 'n glws , ddiolch achos 'r chwnsel
    (reply to Steve)

18. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I imagine it some sort of localized dialect "whales speak" of some type Tom. I really dunno either, but I'm very curious..lol

20. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Maybe after as they say a few pints it will all make sense or who would know the deference:D

steve logan and Jay like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted