Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by John R Woloski, Sep 30, 2019.

1. John R Woloski

John R Woloski New Member

TO all concerned - Hello.

I am a 73 yr old Canadian Immigrant living in Florida, with an interest in stamps from most countries . I have acquired a stamp collection by default from purchase and estate acquisitions. My initial plan was to interest my children, but I was the one who got intrigued.

Again thanks for the Welcome I have received

John

DonSellos likes this.
  2. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

Hi, John -

A snowbird! I've traveled Canada extensively and do collect a little Newfoundland after working with the BOT out there some years ago. A lot of worldwide collectors here so hopefully you will enjoy StampExchange.

DonSellos likes this.
  3. John R Woloski

Molokai
    You are smart to collect Newfoundland stamps , as they are beautiful creations and hold their value very well.

However I can't say I am a Snowbird as I have resided in Fl since 1971 but have retained Canadian Citizenship

Molokai and DonSellos like this.
  4. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Welcome John!
    Nice to have you on the site. Feel free to tell us about your interests. I personally collect U.S. and Germany. While I sparsely collect worldwide there are plenty of others here that do. Hope to see your contributions to some of the threads.

DonSellos likes this.
  5. John R Woloski

Hochstrasse;

Thanks for the welcome

6. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Hello John, and welcome to the Exchange. I'm one of the W/W collectors who also collects a wide variety of covers, and, of late, cinderellas. I have a Canadian album with a fair collection in it. Mostly face different stamps with not many varieties, I believe it would called a "simplified" collection. .

Hope to see a few posts of your collection. Glad to have you on the Exchange.

Don Sellos

7. anglobob

anglobob Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the group....
    I collect France and French Colonies,French cinderellas and QE2 British Commonwealth first issues.....used being my preference.However,I am always open to new areas...much to my wife,s amazement...
    Look forward to seeing some of your collection.
    Bob

8. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

I concur. They are attractive stamps and 'The Rock' has a fascinating postal history. I printed out all the Newfie News letters from the BNAPS and fortunate to have one of the last hardcopy Newfoundland catalogs.

Might I ask what part of Canada you called home before 1971?

9. John R Woloski

Thanks all .

I will post in the future .. thanks for the encouragement

Hochstrasse likes this.
  10. John R Woloski

I was born and raised in the SUNSET COUNTRY of NW Ontario, Rainy River ( the other end of Your Street ( starts in Toronto ) and Dryden on Hwy 17 were both called home. Wide open spaces filled with Moose and Beaver et. al.

DonSellos likes this.
  11. John R Woloski

As time goes on I would like to discuss French stamped , especially those from French Foreign spheres of influence.

DonSellos and anglobob like this.
  12. John R Woloski

When I get my collection relocated from Ga to Fl I will post some of my German stamps ... not the greatest but it could start dialogue

DonSellos likes this.
  13. John R Woloski

I would be interested in see some pictures of that catalogue

14. John R Woloski

I am certain that your collection is anything but simple ... Complexity as Duke Ellington has shown can be expressed in a single note.

DonSellos likes this.
  15. John R Woloski

I am finding that I have more stamps quite a lot of the Frnch holdings but not a great many from any one country.

16. John R Woloski

I was born and raised in the SUNSET COUNTRY of NW Ontario, Rainy River ( the other end of Your Street ( starts in Toronto ) and Dryden on Hwy 17 were both called home. Wide open spaces filled with Moose and Beaver et. al.

17. John R Woloski

I will ... soon, Maybe we can compare notes .

DonSellos likes this.
  18. philatelia

philatelia New Member

Welcome John.

There are quite a few good stamp clubs here in Florida. What is your closest large city? And don’t miss the show in Orlando in December. Best one of the year IMHO.

Also we have loads of family in the Leamington area.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    DonSellos likes this.
  19. John R Woloski

i do not live far from Orlando and WPBch. Thanks fr the heads regarding the Orlando show.

John

Draft saved Draft deleted