Interesting Comments on First Day Covers

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Gunny, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

Found this video interesting. It's by a British stamp dealer and he discusses an argument that two of his customers had concerning First Day Covers. I don't collect them, but the argument that they had could pretty be considered for anything that you might collect.

Bottom line from the discussion, "Collect what you like."

SATX Collector and Hochstrasse like this.
  2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

That was an interesting video. It reminded me of the early U.S. Post Office phosphor coated stamps who's first day covers are also valuable. Sometimes they sit in bargain bins unrecognized and are a real find.

3. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Very much agree that collect what you like.
    I do have few of those FDC and will add more whenever there will be opportunities. :)

4. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Just found an Elvis Presley First Day of Issue cover in a stack of old mail I was going to salvage corners from...

Gunny likes this.
  5. tasha

tasha Active Member

That could be great, Elvis!!! Funny how that will always live on and people would pay huge amounts for anything elvis

SATX Collector likes this.
  6. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

My mother-in-law is one of those folks re: collecting Elvis. She doesn't pay huge amounts though... most everyone that knows her 'gifts' her with everything Elvis. Every year at Christmas, he can be heard from the ornaments... Blue Christmas among others...:singing::singing::singing:

Gunny likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted