I need your eyes please? (I can't find the grill)

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Jay, May 21, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

yup. That easy. The hinges or whatever will come off by them selves in the water. I use a paper towel to lay them on first to sort of "blot" off the excess water before I "press" them. Use a paper towel folded in half to put in the book or whatever and that's it! just remember what page you left it on! :eek: lol

2. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Ok I will give it a try

3. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Dont be scared Tom, its no big deal. Just soak it for a few minutes, it will come right off. Try Luke warm water.

4. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

I have been Accumulated a few to do when I get the nerve. Well it may sooner than I thought.

5. kacyds

kacyds New Member

I have soaked thousand of stamps. Thats one thing that I am very comfortable with. Any questions let me know.

6. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Ok, It will be like me going into the water, first the toe, then the feet, then the legs, then the waist, then all of me. And then you can never get me out.

7. kacyds

kacyds New Member

lol thanks for the image............ :eek: You dont have to go in the water to soak your stamps...............lol :p

8. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Oh, I wanted to be one with my stamps. So they have to take a bath by them selves and no rubber duckie either I guess:(

9. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

And think I have had no beer, and I am like this:confused:

10. kacyds

kacyds New Member

No Beer, thats not good. Thats an essential in my house..........lol
    As the kids get older, (ages 15 and 11) I need more beer. My oldest will start driving next year, I think I will start buying kegs. Im pricing keg machines now...........lol

Darrin likes this.
  11. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Good luck, that is when I went grey and lost most of my hair:eek:

12. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Unfortunatly, I started to lose my hair when I was 16....... Kids had nothing to do with that. I started to shave my hair when my youngest was born, he only knows me as a bald old guy. My oldest was 4, so he probably dont remember me with hair......lol

13. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

We went through the driver ed. thing last summer and our son can now get his license...I wasn't too bad but the Mrs. was a wreck. I forced her to be the one to practice with him rather than me so she could get used to him driving....worked well. Now I am the one who is nervous when he drives...

kacyds likes this.
  14. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

You would need to take it to a US expert for conformation, over the net opinions are just that.

15. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Tom, How did you make out buddy? Did you do it yet? Would love a pic when you get some done and perhaps your thoughts on the whole experience? I know this, though, Once you start you won't be able to stop! lol

16. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Finally got my net connection fixed, it slowed me down to a snail pase was faster.
    Any way it was great and it was a disaster. Some of my older US stamps worked great, newer ones well were a disaster.
    Polish stamps worked great.
    South Africa, disaster, I lost 3 out of 6.
    Malaysia were great.
    I had a stamp that separated into two parts, as in layers.
    What a exerance.
    I was happy and sad all at the same time.

17. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

hmmm I didn't know you was going to do foreign (non US) stuff or we should have probably mentioned that there are some safety papers out there that water will destroy. Also if a stamp you had "came apart" in layers then there is an excellent chance that it wasn't part of the stamp to begin with. The chalky paper is the main one that I was referring to as a sort of safety paper. I'm glad you know how to do it now. There isn't any US stuff that I'm aware of that water will destroy for future reference. Congrats anyway Tom!

18. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

The stamp that came apart was a US stamp 2008 $1.00 {Wisdom, Rockefeller Center, New York}

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I may have a mint replacement for you I'll have to check Tom.

20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Would this be a suitable replacement Tom D? It's from 2003 not 2008 though? I think I got these from my Grandfather's bedroom after he died. :eek:
    Obverse:
    [​IMG]

Reverse:
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted