I have a question

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by ram, Jun 26, 2018.

1. ram

ram Member

I have 10 stamp albums, the stamps are'nt organize by a specific order in the albums, and because of this it's hard for me to find the country that I need.

How to you know Which countries to you have in the albums?.

Thanks in advance
    Ram

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

Hello <RAM> If I understand your question, this link may be helpful. I am sure other members know other websites for this purpose.

http://www.stampmasteralbum.com/ForeignCountryIdentifier/ForeignCountriesIdentifier.htm

3. ram

ram Member

4. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

Hi Ram,
    If I understand your question you are asking how I keep track of the countries I collect and what the count is for each.
    Personally because much of what I collect is country specific I have albums that only hold one specific country.
    For some of my worldwide collections what I do is organize alphabetically. A large stock book could be organized A through Z with different A countries grouped together alphabetically. As a collection grows a stock book might have to hold only A to G.
    I think I have talked about this before, but the most important thing is keeping an inventory on a computer spreadsheet. It is important to note the country, catalog number, the date of acquisition, the cost, the vendor, the condition etc.
    It is a lot easier to look at a spreadsheet which could easily keep a running count than it is to thumb through books and do a physical inventory count.
    I hope that helps.

ram likes this.
  5. ram

ram Member

Thank you very much for your answer hochstrasse

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted