Hi,

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HowardBurkitt, Aug 31, 2012.

1. HowardBurkitt

HowardBurkitt Member

yes you should be good, the cheaper ones are on card stock, I would go for it it's a Little piece of history here are a few GB stamps I ordered today,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pen cancel ;)

stilb likes this.
  2. stilb

stilb New Member

They will make worthy additions to your collection.

3. HowardBurkitt

HowardBurkitt Member

yep, just picked up a penny black today!

I am almost done sorting through all my pre-decimal Great Britain stamps, if anyone is interested I would like to post pictures of my duplicates along with a list of the missing stamps that I have and maybe we can do some trading?

4. stilb

stilb New Member

Black, Grey or Intense Black? What plate number did you get? How many margins? What was the premium? I would love to see a photo?
    I may be able to trade with you, once you have done sorting.

5. HowardBurkitt

HowardBurkitt Member

I'll get a pic and more info up when I get home, it is a little beat up but only 50.00 and I don't have one yet

6. stilb

stilb New Member

£50 is a brilliant price for the first ever postage stamp; well done.

7. HowardBurkitt

HowardBurkitt Member

I just checked again it was $27.50 here is a pic it's damaged around the corners but will fill the spot until I find a deal on another

[​IMG]

8. stilb

stilb New Member

You got a Penny black for £17:06!!!!!
    That is an excellent deal H, well done.

9. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry I wouldnt have been able to advise you on the American stamps as they are not really my thing, but it looks good.
    I like the 2d Blues Howard and a good price on the 1d Black, the other 2d looks like it might have been fiscaly used and not postaly (Hand cancelled)

10. HowardBurkitt

HowardBurkitt Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, here are some of my duplicates,, let me know if anyone is interested in some trading, I am interested in early GB to add to the collection.

11. HowardBurkitt

HowardBurkitt Member

Also have this guy,

[​IMG]

Mint no gum

12. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

13. stilb

stilb New Member

Is that a $15 reprint of 1879?
    I would certainly like to find something to trade for that.

14. HowardBurkitt

HowardBurkitt Member

Thanks!

I did find one 14-dot in the lot (it's in my other book) but you're right I should recount the ones in the pic, I ordered a stamp camera that you hook up to the computer and it zooms in so that I can count better :) it gets hard with the cancels

15. HowardBurkitt

HowardBurkitt Member

I may have found something special (or not) it is an Scott A29 plate 4 imperf. I can't find anything in the 2013 Scott catalog, or on the Internet, does anyone have another book that could maybe list a imperf plate #4?

[​IMG]

As always thank you in advance!

Draft saved Draft deleted