Hi to all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by steve logan, Aug 13, 2011.

1. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Small intro

My name is Steve, and i am a worldwide collector, and have over 18 thousand different stamps catalogued, with many more thousands i am still drifting through, so i can make the collection as complete as possible.

I do hope that one of my Grandchildren will find this interesting as they get a bit older, and will carry on the collection rather than just selling it off.

I now use album pages from FTE enterprise (http://www.fte-shop.co.uk/download/sample.html), these are printable by yourself, has every stamp in colour (color USA) and I house all my mint and used stamps in clear mounts, as i cannot believe that some people are still using stamp hinges on their mint stamps, that is a crime lol

I used to buy country album, from different sites, they are big and bulky, and also most do not have every stamp, and a lot only have the stamp either in B/W or a small description, and for the money (New Zealand was nearly £400) what a waste.

i have been collecting stamps since i was 11, it happened quite by accident with a little bit of laziness on my part, i was a boy scout and i wanted the collectors badge, so the easiest way was a pack of kilo ware stamps from the market, a cheap album, and then just a bit of sorting, and paper removing, slipped them into the album, and hey presto there was the badge.

but it did not stop there, i started to find that there was real history in the stamps themselves, and so carried on with kilo ware, and moved up to FDC and New stamps, and now Ii buy, trade or exchange about 2,000 stamps each month.

i do prefer to trade, as you can then be a little more specific with your wants, and also know that the stamps you are sending out will be appreciated by whoever is receiving them.

Anyway that is enough for now lol

2. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Welcome Steve!!!

3. Zach24

Zach24 Member

Another Steve??!! lol Welcome abaord!!

4. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Thank you both for acknowledging me
    i have been through all treads, and most seem to be for USA stamps, being in the UK my first focus is on UK & Commonwealth, then close behind USA, and then Rest of the World.

so it will be interesting to see what other members would want from my UK duplicates, and i may find the 1 or a thousand i am missing from my USA collection

5. Alvin

Alvin Member

Welcome. You'll certainly find those U.S. stamps, probably in abundance, and even though I only collect U.S., I have a tattered old world wide album I picked up at a yard sale that I'd be happy to part-out. Of course, I'll have to find it....

6. swish513

swish513 Active Member

welcome to the forum!! and in your honor, my only 19th century british stamp
    View attachment 111

steve logan likes this.
  7. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

and very nice she is too, although luckily i do have a lot more USA stamps, thank you for the scan

8. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi Steve welcome to the forum :D I think we have a great deal in common LOL

9. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Thanks for the informational introduction Steve, and welcome! What kind of paper do you use when you print the album pages? I haven't even thought about that before, but I like the idea,just wouldn't want to use common stock paper for the job.

Draft saved Draft deleted