Here are some of this years purchases.

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Jay, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

On another thread on another forum the question was asked "what was the most expensive stamp you purchased this year?" Well I had made a lot of moderate sized purchases so I couldn't just pin down any one that I thought was considered expensive. Most of what I have is readily obtainable so not much in the way of big buys monetarily at least; Anyway- I was scanning the few items that I purchased this year from a stock book and I had them "on deck" so I thought I'd share them. Some you have already seen but here they are anyways-
    1 [​IMG]

2 [​IMG]

3 [​IMG]

4 [​IMG]

5 [​IMG]

6 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 [​IMG]

8 [​IMG]

9 [​IMG]

10 [​IMG]

ratio411 likes this.
  2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Plus I just scanned these the right way finally! yaay :D
    The Bicentennial Flag pane was a tad too wide for my scanner but Mr. Zip is still there anyway. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sam B likes this.
  3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

You probably noticed that I'm a little thin on the Banknotes, Bureau issues & Washington/Franklins. I think that is a good place for me to start filling in the gaps. Would anyone happen to have any of that stuff you may want to part with? I'd very much like to do business with you then deal with all the uncertainty of internet auction sites. Although, I have some good luck with DeClampe but if you do decide to use that service then I would strongly suggest that you pay very close attention to all of the shipping and other hidden costs also the exchange rates. Just a friendly heads up is all because I been burned like that but over all I like it.

4. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

i staill have not sorted my early USA definatives, they just seem to be so complex, i keep putting it off, but will have to start soon and maybe i can help fill a few holes for you

Jay likes this.
  5. swish513

swish513 Active Member

what are you looking for? used, unused, blocks? i have a few extras.

Jay likes this.
  6. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

What a lovely selection of stamps :) but what I realy do like is the selection of Drugist lables they are neat specialy the Robinson one LOL

Jay likes this.
  7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

That would be wonderful. I been studying these for a little while and they still make me want to repeatedly beat my head off the wall so I understand your concern completely!

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Used and in sound condition. That would be very wonderful of you to keep me in mind. Just give me a heads up. I need pretty much what you don't see above as far as banknotes & Bureau issues and Washington/Franklins.

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I have a pile more of these labels too. All mint original gum. I was/am a casualty of the "liquid babysitter" (eg:paragoric) and sadly a some of those were mine from my early childhood. I just stuffed them in there to keep them protected as they are very muck like stamps physically.

10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I'm scanning some of the more interesting ones for you now. I'll do it @600dpi resolution so you can read the contents. (I hope it's acceptable to post images that large.)

[​IMG]

11. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Not sure why that little blurry spot is on the Terpin Hydrate from Wheaton's Pharmacy label? Must be my scanner acting up. If it's unclear I will rescan it for you.

[​IMG]

12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Sorry that was so huge...I'll drop it down. While were-ok just me scanning stamps, I need the CE1 to go with my CE2.
    [​IMG]

13. Steve Robinson

They realy are great, thanks for sharing them :)

14. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

Codiene and 80 proof whiskey... What's not to like? ;)

Jay and kacyds like this.
  15. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I know right! :D No wonder it was sporting a "May be habit forming" warning! lol I could use a soothing syrup right now as I'm in a lot of pain today.

16. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

How about that "Cherocol"?
    It's got alcohol, codiene, and CLORIFORM! (among other nasty sounding ingredients)

17. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I was poking around and found this on the subject. Rather interesting.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.C.E._mixture

18. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Here is a quick update. there is at least 2 that are not yet put in position but more on those later. enjoy!
    [​IMG]

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Here are some of the sets I'm trying to complete.

[​IMG]

20. Steve Robinson

Must say I do rather like them :)

Jay likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted