Help Needed....

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by pdotk, Jun 17, 2018.

1. pdotk

pdotk Active Member

Hi All!
    I made a 3 frame novice exhibit and I have few reasonable materials on the theme "Evolution of Flight". I want to take it to next level. Since this forum is full of friendly and expert philatelists, I thought of taking all your help. I need your tips, tricks, comments and suggestions to take it to next level.

In the coming days, I will share my materials slowly.

Thanks in advance
    PdotK

2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I have not nor do I intend to exhibit, but I can offer some suggestions if you are open to them. I have attended many shows that have had judged exhibits and the best ones always seem to tell a story that involves movement of the mail. In an overarching topic that seems to encompass the history of flight and many stamp issuing agencies it would seem to me that you need to develop the narrative of how evolving air flight changed the movement of mail perhaps using examples of various countries. Certainly a segment of one of the panels could display a progression of modern flight in stamp form, but the bulk of the exhibit should be a historical narrative that is postal centric in the way it is articulated and demonstrated in stamp, cover, historical picture, newsprint or artifact.

DonSellos, pdotk and anglobob like this.
  3. pdotk

pdotk Active Member

Yes Sir! I agree with you.

As you suggest, narrating how evolving air flight changed the movement of mail , is a sure path to gold. But it needs in depth knowledge of postal history, in which I am weak. My exhibit explains the story of evolution of flight. But I am trying to use as variety materials as possible.

After I finish my final year of schooling, may be I will get some time to dig into the Postal/Airmail history and will reconstruct another one.

Thanks a lot Sir
    PdotK

4. pdotk

pdotk Active Member

Having some starting trouble:happy:.

Draft saved Draft deleted