Hello world, and all who inhabit it

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by matheaus, May 6, 2017.

1. matheaus

matheaus New Member

Hi all! I'm a big newbie (sort of) to stamp collecting, and figured I'd ask a few questions to get started.

For a bit of background: it has been a VERY long time since I've had a stamp collection. I got my first couple of stamps from my great-grandfather when I was eight years old, and every year on my birthday and on Easter he would give me five to ten new stamps that he found throughout the year. This went on until I was twelve, when my collection went missing during a move. I never restarted my collection because of how disappointing it was to lose them all.

Unfortunately, my grandpa passed away last year. Recently, I decided that I wanted to start another collection, but because I never actually found stamps to add to my set myself (except for an occasional stamp that my parents got from the post office), I don't even really know where to begin. Do any of you have any tips?

In any case, I hope to hear from you all, and do try to be nice. I am a very sensitive grouchy, cynical man. Wink, wink; nudge, nudge; etc. :clown:

Thanks a million!

2. Harry Golightly

Harry Golightly NonHinged

Dear 'grouchy-cynical-stamp-collector-man,
    You have landed in the meanest, unfriendliest, less helpful, stamp Form site on the Web....NOT!
    Actually the complete opposite of all the adjectives above... & I personally WELCOME YOU to the Stamp Exchange. The only tip I can offer you at this time is, figure just what you like about stamps, in general, then begin your quest. e.g. World-Wide, planes, trains, flowers, one country, two countries,postal history, et al... the world is indeed your 'oyster'. Whatever makes you happy...And don't ever worry about asking us
    questions.
    All The best,
    Harry

Makanudo likes this.
  3. Makanudo

Makanudo Moderator Moderator

You said it H.G.G. :cool:

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Harry Golightly likes this.
  4. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello Matheaus, first let me welcome you to the forum. I second Harry's answer and I hope to see some of your collection. What part of the world are you based?

Regards, James.

Harry Golightly likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted