Hello There!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jay, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Hello there I'm Jeff (My friends call me Jay) and I'm an old stamp hound from way back. (1970's). I put my collection aside and I recently dug it out and started up again collecting with my Daughter. I'm always looking to buy stuff but I am sorely lacking in trade goods (but I'm working on remedying that). I am both Father and a professional Musician as I do sound /Guitar "images" for TV shows like Adult Swim and Cartoon Network. I have been in a few bands in my life and possibly a few you may have heard of but that's a conversation for another time. I'm looking forward to meeting you all and seeing lots of your collections! My Daughter & I both collect stamps and I also am a bit of a numismatist too! OK, enough about me I'm hitting the forum! ~Jay

2. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Good morning Jeff it is nice to have a new member on the site.

there is already an offer from Alvin to send 100 free stamps from his collection to new starters, and i will also send 100 + stamps from my duplicates, to 1 give you some new stamps to look at and catalog, and 2 give you a few spare to start trading with.

rather than me just send you stamps you may not be interested, if you let me know what countries, or topics you are collecting and your address on private message, (Conversation) i will get them posted out Monday AM.

i am in the UK so may take a week to get there

happy Stamping

Steve

3. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum Jeff :)

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Why thank you for your most gracious offer! I only specialize in U.S. stamps and am currently working on the years 1940-1958 if that help any, but know that I'm certainly not choosey and very grateful indeed! I would relish getting mail from the U.K. as that would be a treat in itself! OK, if I can figure out how to send you a PM I may take you up that offer as I have lots of spaces to fill yet! I was working on the hard to get early American classics but that got expensive fast so hopefully with your help I will be able to add more to my collection and my daughters too! Again' Thank you!

5. Steve Robinson

Jeff were it says inbox at the top of the page, run your cursor over it and it will show a new box part of which says start a new conversation, just take it from there :)

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

"By George I think I've got It"! LOL :rolleyes:

7. Steve Robinson

Who's George LOL

8. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

not a problem, always good to know they will be enjoyed, i do prefer not to pass out stamps to people who just want to stick them on ebay lol

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I assure you I don't sell anything on fee-bay lol. I did once sell a fishing rod but it cost more to ship it than the bugger paid so that was the end of my eBay selling. I do buy a buch from there on occasion and, of course Declampe.

10. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

yes i use delacampe sometimes, although i do find it expensive

11. Steve Robinson

Ebid is quite a good source and not too expensive either

12. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Try stamps2go.com . Its not an auction site, you buy the stamps directly from them. Have bought many many stamps from that site. I love it.

13. Alvin

Alvin Member

Jay, though I've already made up my "offer" packets and they contain stamps outside your current focus, there are some of those in there too. Use the Inbox/conversations application to send me your address.

14. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Looks like you already got a Royal Welcome, but I'll chime in with a welcome too Jay. :)

15. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

You could also try www.bidstart.com .
    they used to be Stampwants, and were nothing but stamps, but they have branched out a bit into other collectibles.
    Better than eBay IMO because it is more specialized.

Draft saved Draft deleted