HELLO MY NAME IS ANTHONY THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN AND LEARN

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Anthony P. Donnatien, Oct 11, 2017.

1. I HAVE HAD A STAMP COLLECTION FOR TWENTY YEARS OR MORE. I HAVE A COLLECTION OF US AND US COMMEMORATIVE STAMPS, ALSO MANY WORLD STAMPS. I ALSO HAVE A COLLECTION OF FIRST DAY COVERS AND MANY OLD SCHOOL STAMP SUPPLIES! SMILES!
    I AM HOPING BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS GROUP I WILL GAIN INTEREST TO DO MORE WORK ON MY STAMP COLLECTION.
    I ALSO HOPE TO LEARN MANY LESSONS AND ADVICE FROM MEMBERS WITH MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN I HAVE ABOUT STAMP COLLECTING AND HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF IT!

THANKS

2. i am also a coin collector, i will post a picture of a stamp soon!

3. pdotk

pdotk Active Member

Hi Anthony!

Welcome to this great forum.

I have joined here few months back, but within a short time, I gained a lot from the experienced members here. All here are very welcoming and helpful.
    Eagerly waiting to see your collections.

Cheers
    PdotK

4. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello Anthony, welcome to the forum. I see that you collect mainly stamps from the USA, are you based in the US? I hope that we can see some of your collection in the near future.

Regards, James.

5. I am located in St Pete Florida. if you could give me some advice on the best way to photograph stamps, i would appreciate it. I have a good Nikon Digital camera and a tablet and phone with high resolution cameras on them to.
    i am just not sure of the lighting that I need to use?
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for your help!

6. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

Hi, Anthony - Welcome to StampExchange!

Do you have a scanner? Even 1200dpi will usually do a decent job.

Looking forward to seeing you here often.

Cheers, Molokai

7. Algernon

Algernon New Member

Hello and welcome Anthony

I also collect used stamps and German Empire in 1872 to 1955 (and occupations) your participation and experience I will certainly be helpful

Greetings from Argentina

Mario

8. THANK YOU VERY MUCH MARIO

9. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello Anthony, I find scans at 300 DPI - PNG best for storing images.

I posted a thread about Posting Images back in February, Copy below.

Hello all, several people have said that they have problems posting images.
    There are several ways of posting images.

1. If you have the stamp(s) and a scanner, scan them. I prefer to scan at 300 DPI and save as PNG (or BMP) These file formats are better quality and allow you crop or modify the image. JPG images are compressed and any alterations show as noisy poorer quality images.

2. If you want to copy an image from the web, you can, either right click and copy the image if the site allows this. If the screen image is too small, try using “Ctrl” + “+” to magnify the image (the “Ctrl” + “+” can be used several times on the same image) until you have the desired size. Copy and Paste into your image software.

3. If you cannot copy using method 1 or 2, Select the web image and resize if required, then press the “Prt Scr” key (above number pad) then go to “Paint” or other photo software, create a new blank image and “Paste” the image into your software. Select and copy the desired area of your screen area, then resave new image.

4. If you must use a camera, do not get too close, ensure that it is in focus and that the image is rectangular. Modify your photo in your paint or photo programme.

5. Once you have your desired image, select the portion that you require and use the “Copy” command.

6. Open Stamp Exchange and select the reply (or new thread) then “right click” and paste your image, add your comments and submit your post.

I hope that this will help some of our "Newbies"

Regards, James

10. ram

ram Member

Welcome to the forum anthony

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

11. ram

ram Member

thank very match james, i was really intersted to know how can i take a good picture of my stamps

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted