Hello! I'm a Collector with Domestic and International Stamps

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by darehare, Jan 18, 2015.

1. darehare

darehare New Member

Hi everyone! I'm a collector with mostly international stamps but some domestic stamps as well. I mostly collect stamps that have been used, my international stamps are the oldest with many stamps for 1960's to 1980's as well as some from the very early 1900's. I'm looking to educate myself on this site as well as to share some of my collection and see what other people's collections consist of also. I'm excited to chat on this forum.

Which country's stamps are your favorite or most coveted?

Hochstrasse likes this.
  2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Hi there too, welcome to the forum. :)
    Looking forward to see some of your collection around.
    Philippines, US, Egypt and UK stamps are my favorites.

3. darehare

darehare New Member

Wow, I only have 1 stamp from Egypt, I like stamps from the Philippines, too. I have quite a few UK stamps, but they are mostly of Queen Elizabeth as are many of my HK stamps pre-unification with China.

4. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

Welcome. When you say you collect "domestic" stamps, what country is that? What country do you live in? For me, I'm collecting stamps that dated cancels visible on the stamp, as well as back of the book stamps.

Enjoy your stay.

5. darehare

darehare New Member

Thanks for your greetings. USA is domestic for me also. My US stamps are more recent than my stamps from other countries. For US stamps, I like certain series such as Space, Olympics, or Causes related. The representations of the 51 states are fun to collect as well.

Your one a days with dated cancels are fantastic.

6. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Welcome to the forum from San Antonio... when you say 'certain series', you are saying that is where your interests are? Any specific topic (Space for example is wide open...)?

7. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome aboard!

darehare likes this.
  8. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Welcome to this forum. Hope the more experienced collectors can be of assistance to you.

I collect US singles (separate mint and used collections), US plate blocks, and select US sheets. Also collect world-wide; it would be a shorter list to identify what I don't collect rather than list what I do collect.

9. darehare

darehare New Member

Thanks for the warmth. I'm a huge fan of the Riverwalk and have been in the greater area frequently from San Pedro Island to Fredericksburg and beyond. The Missions are always good to visit, I have cancellations from The Alamo and other missions, I may have been the one to suggest cancellations to the rangers a few years back.

Yes, I was more referring to interests...with space, I collect everything from shuttles to nebulae series. I like holiday stamps and flora and fauna types as well. I will get back to you on specific sets I particularly like.

SATX Collector likes this.
  10. darehare

darehare New Member

Plate blocks sound very neat! I have a couple collector stamped envelopes as well as national parks collector stamps but haven't come across plate blocks yet. I very much look forward to absorbing stamp knowhow and growing my appreciation of the art.

11. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

I am also into collecting "space" topicals from ALL countries...

12. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Welcome Darehare! I am a collector of U.S. and Germany. I have some modern China and a sparse Worldwide collection that I don't really actively pursue. Looking forward to your postings.

13. Jehovahnissi

Jehovahnissi Member

Welcome and it's great to have you! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your collection. :happy:

14. ram

ram Member

Welcome to the forum, I'm collecting stamps from all over the world, I'm interesting mostly in dinosaurs, history, flora, fauna and art stamps.

Draft saved Draft deleted