Hello from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by EddieRich, May 11, 2015.

1. EddieRich

EddieRich New Member

Hello everyone.

During our spring cleaning I found an old "Outer Space Starter Kit" from the U.S. Post Office that I had when I was a kid. I never actually put the stamps on hinges or in the book so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them now.

I am very interested in pre-WW1 airplanes, so I thought after I get my space stamps straightened out I will start looking for stamps with airplanes.

Looking forward to reading the forums to learn the best ways to store and find stamps.

Ed

2. tasha

tasha Active Member

hello and welcome, we all have one thing in common, stamps and it is good to see a few more people on here, les hope there is lots of stamp collecting going on.

EddieRich likes this.
  3. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Welcome aboard EddieRich... there are any number of traders here that will be able to help you out. Just give a shout...

EddieRich likes this.
  4. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello Eddie, welcome to the forum.
    I personally would suggest that you do not hinge your stamps to your "Outer Space Starter Kit" book. Keep everything as Mint.
    Regards, James

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    EddieRich likes this.
  5. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Hello Ed and welcome to the forum. :)

EddieRich likes this.
  6. EddieRich

EddieRich New Member

Good advice James. I'm measuring all the stamps and plan to get some mounts and keep them in a binder.

7. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome aboard!

EddieRich likes this.
  8. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

Well, finding stamps with pre-WW II planes should keep that topical collection rather small. Might I suggest you expand your horizons to 'prop planes' (as opposed to jets). Then start looking in the early US airmails; that's where you'll find most of the plane depictions. The first US airmail with a plane was C3, and that was in 1918 (toward the end of WW I)

EddieRich likes this.
  9. EddieRich

EddieRich New Member

There are a lot of airmail stamps from almost every country, but I think at first I'm going to look for commemorative stamps, like "early aviators" or "pioneers in flight". I'm really fascinated by the airplanes that came after the Wright brothers and the people who had the guts to build and fly them.

10. tasha

tasha Active Member

Yes don't make the same mistake that I made as some of my rare stamps are useless to me now and worthless too.

EddieRich likes this.
  11. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

Welcome aboard. You'll enjoy your time here.

EddieRich likes this.
  12. ram

ram Member

Welcome to the forum eddie

EddieRich likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted