hello from Chickasaw, Alabama!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ChickasawStampMan, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

The RPO service here began to wane after 1965, with the last run ending in 1977.

2. ChickasawStampMan

ChickasawStampMan New Member

I am trying to put together a display of RPO covers for the central US. just won 2 covers on ebay... new Orleans and little rock Arkansas one. Bidding on several others. My son is very active with rail fanning. That's watching trains and identitying them. He cohosts an internet radio show, and as won severalawards for his pictures. He wants this project for us to do together. Using our interests- trains and stamps. He will display at hobby shows.

Hochstrasse and Steve Robinson like this.
  3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

That's really neat ChickasawStampMan! I love the trains also...especially riding the old steam locomotives. I can visualize a display of great photographs and RPO covers. Sounds like a "best of show" idea.

4. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

You could put some pictures on here under the other interest section?

ChickasawStampMan likes this.
  5. ChickasawStampMan

I thought my home was a good investment.... but...we havelost almost 35% of its value with very little prospect of increasing in the next several years. Ugh!!

6. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

I also thought a house or real estate is a good investment. Why the value lost? Could be the neighborhood? flooding issue?

7. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

property and even gold has lost due to the recession, but not certain stamps.

8. ChickasawStampMan

The "great recession" of the US hit our housing market. Also high unemployment in the past 5 years caused a lot of bankruptcies, causing the market to drop.

9. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Still lucky for those who have their own homes. Hope the economy will become better. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted