hello from Chickasaw, Alabama!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ChickasawStampMan, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ChickasawStampMan

ChickasawStampMan New Member

Hello,
    I have been collecting off and on since I was about 10 years old. I have restarted collecting recently when i retired. I collect US, canada, and Mexico. I am to the point that i have to spend up to $5.per stamp to continue. I recently started working on UK, Australia, and New Zealand. I am looking forward to learning lots on this site.

Sarahrtw likes this.
  2. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the group :D would love to see some pics of your Mexican collection as that is one area I dont have any from LOL

3. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Exchange Chickasaw. It is nice to see another American join this select little band. I am sure your contributions will be eagerly anticipated.

4. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome to the forum ChickasawStampMan! :)
    Nice to have you here and see you around.

5. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

Hello and welcome

The group here is small but the collective knowledge is huge. I look forward to your posts and pictures. Drop me or another mod. a line if you have any questions. Don't hesitate to jump into discussions, we're very friendly.

6. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the board ChickasawStampMan! I collect U.S., Germany and modern China. Hope you enjoy the site!

7. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

"Another American !" How can you tell ?

He may just live in Chickasaw, nevertheless all stamp collectors are welcome.

8. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

If I told you how I can tell, you would know as much as me??!!!!

Sarahrtw likes this.
  9. ChickasawStampMan

Thanks for the welcome. I will post more late next week as we are heading to New Orleans in the morning for 3 days, including a stamp show tomorrow afternoon!!!!

Hochstrasse and Sarahrtw like this.
  10. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Enjoy that stamp show. :)

11. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

I am going to a record fayre in Cleethorpes

Steve Robinson likes this.
  12. Hochstrasse

Stamp shows are great places to pick up small lots of stamps, collections, albums and supplies. I hope you find something of interest!

13. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Come on Chic, tell us what you got?

14. ChickasawStampMan

Well, I bought 5 Mexico overprints, 4 RPO covers and one US stamp. I think it was scott 114. Locomotive for my son.
    There were only 4 dealers there. I was disappointed.

15. Steve Robinson

Bit of a shame that there were so few dealers but at least you picked up something :)

16. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

What is RPO ?

17. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

In England it is Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

18. Hochstrasse

Isn't RPO Railroad Post Office? In the old days they actually processed mail in a railroad box car and sorted them out for further delivery. Collectors specialize in this field.

Sorry to hear about the size of the show ChickasawStampMan. I prefer the larger shows myself. If you found some RPO covers that is a nice acquisition.

Steve Robinson likes this.
  19. Steve Robinson

Yep we had them here as well in the UK We called them TPO's traveling Post Offices :D The last Travelling Post Office services were ended on 9 January 2004, the Army had it's own TPO LOL
    They first sorted mail on a moving train back in 1838 using a converted horse box, it was on the Grand junction railway.

20. ChickasawStampMan

There were highway post offices, rail road post office and one more. I forgot.

Hochstrasse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted