Hello from Canada!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MStory, Mar 4, 2014.

1. MStory

MStory New Member

Many years ago I inherited a small stamp collection that I just recently found again! I'm delighted because my husband and I have both taken a interest in coin collecting, and stamp collecting seems like a wonderful compliment! When I first received this collection I was quite keen on collecting and learning as much as I could, but like any kid, my tastes shifted. Now that I have rediscovered this collection, my enthusiasm has been renewed! I'm looking forward to learning from everyone! Thanks for having me. :)

zararina likes this.
  2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Welcome MStory! I too enjoy both coin and stamp collecting, welcome aboard. Looking forward to your postings.

MStory likes this.
  3. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome aboard! Did you see the link from our sister site, CoinTalk.com?

MStory likes this.
  4. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

MStory welcome to the forum, I am also a duel collector :D do have a look at CoinTalk it is a great site.
    What areas of stamp collecting are you into now?

MStory likes this.
  5. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome to the forum MStory. :)
    I do have a small coin collection but not actively collecting. I am more into stamps.
    Hope to see some of your stamps around. :D

MStory likes this.
  6. Lokin4AReason

Lokin4AReason New Member

welcome to the forum ....

7. MStory

MStory New Member

I did not, but thank you for letting me know! I'll have a look at it :)

8. MStory

MStory New Member

To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what area of stamp collecting I'm into. I'm seriously very new at this. When I first started collecting (over 20 years ago) we didn't have the Internet to look up resources. All my resources were from the local library and stamp collecting wasn't exactly popular. It was just me and a whole bunch of really cool stamps that someone found in a shed and passed onto me. I was just a young kid, and my interests shifted. When I met my husband, he had an interest in coin collecting and was super excited that I had managed to keep that old stamp collection hanging around. We just moved, and I found it again. So, I searched the net for some friendly forums that might be able to guide me on what to do with this collection. Thanks for being so welcoming! I'm going to start going through the collection and see if I can't give you all some idea of what's in there :)

Steve Robinson likes this.
  9. palaniappan

palaniappan Member

This is a very good forum to enlighten you stamp collecting skills. I have learned a lot. Willing to learn more.

warm wishes.

Draft saved Draft deleted