Hello from Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cyrenaica, May 6, 2013.

1. cyrenaica

cyrenaica New Member

Hello, just joined this forum and looking forward to what it has to offer. I've been collecting since November 1974 and have amassed a "collection" of about 30,000 different used stamps from 250+ stamp issuing territories going back as far 1861.

My primary collecting interests are Canada, USA, Australia, Japan and Europe although the reality is I collect everything that has been postally used.

Also a member of the Royal Philatelic Society of Canada

Have completed over 200 successful trades in the last (almost) 40 years.

2. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

hi and welcome to the forum, i have some of my collection on show in the gallaries, and do look forward to maybe seeing some of your there too

i have completed many trades myself but not over such a long span, although i have been collecting for 40 years now :)

3. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

Hello and welcome from another Canadian, Cyrenaica.

Please take time to look around the forums. Feel free to jump in and contribute to any threads that interest you, or start one if there's something you want to ask or talk about that you don't see on the go already.

We're a friendly site, and all suggestions and questions are welcome.

Looking forward to seeing you around the board.
    Sarah

4. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Welcome! I am a long-time collector of U.S. & Germany. I have a modest worldwide accumulation and modern China. Glad to have you aboard.

5. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

30,000; wow! It seems a very round figure. Maybe you should count them again!
    Welcome to the forum.
    Look forward to seeing some of your stamps once you get the hang of things.

steve logan likes this.
  6. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Hello there too and welcome to the forum.
    Looking forward too to see some of your collection and hope to see you often around. ;)

7. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Cyrenaica welcome to the forum

8. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

From your introduction, it sounds like you collect only postally used? And ~30,000 in those select 'few' countries (plus some added countries) suggests you have fairly complete collections? Or are you still looking for space fillers?

If interested in any exchanges in those countries, let me know by PM. Am currently working towards 90,000 world-wide myself and have more than my fair share of duplicates available for trade. I am looking for W. Europe (all countries) from year 2000 on. My duplicates for trade end about year 2000; I quit buying kiloware at that time because my spares were getting out of hand and no viable outlet to trade for other stamps.

Draft saved Draft deleted