Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by ram, Feb 6, 2019.

1. ram

ram Member

Can you please give me some info about these stamps?

Sincerely you'rs
    Ram [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

They all look like contemporary issues (20th/21st centuries) from Hungary (Magyar Posta) and Romania (Posta Romana). The butterfly stamps in the top row, I can't tell where they are from as the country name at the bottom is blocked. The light corner cancels suggest they are canceled to order and probably have minimal value. I don't recognize the stamps, so can't tell you when issued or the prices, but, perhaps, someone else on the forum may be able too.

My suggestion to you is to go to your local public library and check out the Scott Publishing Company's catalogs for the countries named. Look on the stamps, on the bottom or side edges for a date, look in the catalog for the country and under the dates of stamps issued until you find the ones you have. If the stamps have no apparent date of issue, look at the cancels for a date. When you locate the stamps in the catalog, the entries will give you the occasion for their issue and a price for mint and used examples of the stamp. It may take some time to find them, but that is part of the process of collecting stamps.

Don

3. ram

ram Member

Thank you very much for your answer don.

Best regards
    Ram

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted