Hello everyone, happy to be here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brandon Sheley, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley New Member

Hello everyone,

I've been looking for a nice stamp collecting forum for a while now, it looks like I may of found a keeper. :)

My dad started me in stamp collecting when I was very young, and now I'm considering getting my son into them but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

I'll go into things more and include a few pictures of my collection in another thread, for now I'm just saying hi. :)

Off to look through the forums, I'm a US stamp guy and really got into errors towards the "end of my collecting"

cheers
    -Brandon

2. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to the site. Fellow US collectors may be interested in seeing your errors.

As far as introducing stamps to your son goes I suggest you take off the the sticky plaster in your avatar and get to explaining your son the aspects of what can be seen here.

As he gets hopefully more interested in stamps he probably will show you more on the net - that is the point of becoming a stamp collector - so good luck.

Seeing what there is to collect is not always found in Stamp Shops, Post Officess or Convenient Stores.

Erich

3. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Hey Brandon, welcome aboard! Nice to see you here. :)

4. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Brandon it is great to have you and your son with us. we are all kids at heart so he will fit right in.

5. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum Brandon, the great thing about introducing a youngster to the hobby is the amount of stuff out there including Disney :) get them involved with the fun side of it 1st the rest will follow

6. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

welcome to the forum Brandon, there are some very accomadation members here, please add to that, it is always great to get anopther view and knowledge in here
    Steve

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Hello Brandon! I too am mainly an American stamp collector and looking forward to seeing some of your collection soon! I was really never into collecting errors but the subject is fascinating but as you know as a collector it's all to easy to go off on a tangent and lose your main focus pretty easily! lol
    E.F.O.'s (Errors, Freaks & Oddities) info, albeit basic but informative none the less: http://www.2-clicks-stamps.com/article/types-of-error-stamps.html

I'm Jay Welcome to the board friend!!

8. Brandon Sheley

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I don't have the errors anymore but I do have a nice collections.
    I'm particularly found of my Columbine Expedition collection :)
    What I was referring to with "not sure it's worth it" is stamps in general.
    I've seen a lot of the stamps that I collected as a kid drop in value, and I wonder if I should further the stamp collection or maybe turn him into currency.
    BTW, he's just about to turn 3 in a few months, I have some time to think it over still :)

huh?

I do dig the stamp avatars, I may switch mine up at some point.. This one is my default gravatar one, so it was automatically placed.

9. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome here Brandon and will look forward to see your stamps around.
    Enjoy the forum! ;)

10. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

11. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Hi Brandon,

The Avatar reference was a joke but as you say was placed automatically a poor choice from admin.

Your son is still to young. He would presently be interested in the colours, later the pictures and then around 8 he may have the fortune of stamps still being actually used on a letter.

Not so strange is the first (introduction to what a stamp is for) letter to Santa Clause when the parent sticks a stamp on the envelope.

With schoolmate and family encouragement he may discover stamps.

Erich

12. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Welcome Brandon, hope to see some of your collection soon.

13. Brandon Sheley

Thanks again, I found an appropriate avatar now :)

Tom D and kacyds like this.
  14. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Hi Brandon,

I would be envious of that nice Avatar were not the frame upside-down. :cool: :D :D

Ah gee, can't please everyone huh !:D

Erich

15. swish513

swish513 Active Member

welcome to the forum!

16. Brandon Sheley

Thank you, Thank you :)

Happy to be here

I jut got done moving and should be at a point soon where I can take a few pictures of my collection to share with everyone.

Jay likes this.
  17. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Stamp Exchange Brandon Sheley! Can't wait to see some pics!

18. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

Welcome! Great site and great people. I have learned a lot and I thought I knew it all!

19. windmill

windmill Active Member

Welcome Brandon, we look forward to see your collections.

Draft saved Draft deleted