Happy to find this online forum!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rick Barrett, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Rick Barrett

Rick Barrett Author, Buffalo Cinderellas, award winning book

Hi everyone! I received a wonderful gift this weekend when an email arrived in my inbox, thanking me for the enjoyment they received from my book, Buffalo Cinderellas. I've done product writing for 41 years, yet as a first time author, this was a wonderful surprise!

The person mentioned this forum, and I am always interesting in checking out and learning about new places online to enjoy our wonderful hobby. I've collected stamps for 52 years now, and worked in a stamp store for three years as a youngster, yet still feel like a novice in many respects. I do have an expertise in one area, cinderella stamps pertaining to the 1901 Pan American Exposition, and that is like one grain of sand on a beach being special...which is it. There are SO MANY wonderful grains of philatelic sand, and so many people who are terrific, and willing to share their interests and knowledge with others. I believe that is how we help others grow and enjoy our pastime!

So...I look forward to interacting, and if I can be of any help to other collectors, I am most happy to. My hope is that if you're able to find a way to share what you are passionate about in a bigger way, then we all have more enjoyment and benefit from it!

anglobob, DonSellos and Molokai like this.
  2. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

Welcome, Rick! We have a small but well-diversified and knowledgeable membership here on StampExchange. Everyone enjoys show-and-tell; I am sure you have much to share!

Please do mention us to others who might be interested.

Cheers,

- Molokai

DonSellos likes this.
  3. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Welcome, Rick. I'm also a Cinderella collector. Relatively new to that field, but like you I have been collecting stamps and covers for 50 plus years. I hope to see some of the things you have acquired over the years.

Don

4. RICHARD Babcock

RICHARD Babcock Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted