Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by notional, Dec 13, 2018.

1. notional

notional New Member

Just joined today. Came across this forum as I was searching the net for information on how not to buy counterfeit stamps from places like eBay etc.

I've been collecting about 40 years now - off and on as life seems to interfere in the things we really want to do...but am getting back into it a lot now.

I'm mostly interested in early US stamps.

2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Notional. The of and on pattern is a familiar one with many collectors returning to the hobby later in life. I also collect US stamps along with others here. Looking forward to your input.

3. DonSellos

DonSellos Well-Known Member

Welcome Notional! I hope to see some of your collection and look forward to reading your comments on collecting.

Don

4. anglobob

anglobob Well-Known Member

Welcome to the group.I do not collect US stamps but enjoy reading posts and learning new things.
    Bob

5. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

Welcome to StampExchange. You can 'Search Forums' for topics. We're a bit of an eclectic group but there are some very knowledgeable collectors here I call the Brain Trust. Alas, I am not one of them.

I collected as a kid/teen and just got back in a few years ago. You are so right about life interfering!

I do collect early U.S. (specializing in the Newspaper and Periodical stamps which are a minefield of fakes and forgeries). I also have a credible library so perhaps can help once-in-awhile.

Draft saved Draft deleted