Greetings from Germany

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by taro, Aug 24, 2013.

1. taro

taro New Member

Hello everyone,

first I want to excuse my rusty english. It was long ago when I was writing in english.

Im a 31 years old german collector who mainly collects Germany of course, specialized in Allied Occupation (1945-1949) an german inflation (mainly 1919 - 1923).

Currently I'm looking for some stamps outside europe - the more exotic the better ;-) So ... feel free to give me some suggestions.

Regards
    Sven

2. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Hello Sven,
    I collect German pre 1946 and English, maybe we could do some swaps?

3. taro

taro New Member

Hello tu7k,

sure we could, just leave me a message :)

regards
    Sven

4. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Hello there too Sven and nice to have you here. :)

5. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

Hi Sven. Welcome and don't worry about your English. The best way to get people interested in trading with you is to get involved in the forums so people get to know you. Join threads, add to discussions etc. And by all means, go ahead and post your wants and to trade list .

Have fun on our friendly forum.

6. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Hey Sven,

Welcome to this forum.

I know it's supposed to be a STAMP EXCHANGE forum, and I have had a few exchanges in the last couple of years. If you have access to any of the recent, postally used German (year 2000 and forward), I would be willing to do one or more exchanges with you. To trade? I can offer you exotic (Japan? Indonesia? India? Ceylon [now Sri Lanka]) or esoteric (French Indo China [pre-Vietnam], Belgian Congo, Hong Kong). Or just about any other country you might be interested in.

7. taro

taro New Member

Hello Larry,

that's the reason why I registered here: EXCHANGE of Stamps and knowledge. And because this Board here seemes to be very "familiar" it should be the right place to be for me.

Of course I have access of the recent german stamps - just send me a list of what you need (Michel or Scott) and I will look for you.

Ceylon should be fine - recently i got a look at bahamas and barbados ... ;-)

regards
    Sven

8. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

I would like to post some GB stamps to exchange for German stamps.
    I agree with Larry, we should do so on here, if you are willing.

Also is Sven a German name? Or are you using a psuedo for the net?

9. taro

taro New Member

Hello tu7k,

yes and no ... Sven is my real surname but it's a nordic one (swedish as far as i know - means "brave warrior" ... *laugh*). A "real" german Name would be for example "Ernst" or "Helmut" or something. Personally i prefer to address my postings to a name instead of a nick.

Well, even if I reather like to have some Commonwealth stamps it would be ok to get some GB stamps just to get it started :) But I need to know what you are looking for exactly to send you the right stamps :)

Regards
    Sven

10. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum Sven :D

11. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

12. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

you can call me Turk then if you prefer names. Do you say you would prefer Commonwealth to English stamps, because I can offer either?

13. taro

taro New Member

Hello Turk,

i prefer Commonwealth stamps :)

regards
    Sven

Draft saved Draft deleted