Greetings from Finland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kamatsuram, Oct 22, 2017.

1. kamatsuram

kamatsuram New Member

I am actually French-Fin and been an occasional collector mostly cancelled issues,
    My knowledge is limited and trying to find out best way to get ride of the tens thousands doubles items and to fill up the gaps.

Somest FDC and Blocs,sheets found their way in the collection that i will be glad to get ride off.

My main worry as i read some threads about forgerys , always wondering do i get real one or a worthless piece of paper.

Pick of the Day.

North Ingria- Ingermanland, Pohjois Inkeri or Republic of Kirjasalo ( autonomous region joined to Finland in the 20´.). Interesting decentered stamp.
    inkeri 1920.JPG

James-2489 and Dick Eassom like this.
  2. DonSellos

DonSellos Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Stamp Exchange, Kamatsuram. I am not a stamp trader, but several on the forum are. Nice stamps you posted above.

Don

3. kamatsuram

kamatsuram New Member

The feeling when you search to ID a stamp for 30 min and cant pin point it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Greece 500 APX, should be arround 40´s.

DSCN0954[1].JPG

DonSellos likes this.
  4. kamatsuram

kamatsuram New Member

Finally...
    1953 Ionian Islands Earthquake Fund, Tax stamp

DonSellos likes this.
  5. DonSellos

Identifying revenues can be difficult, especially if one is not familiar with the alphabet used.

Don

Hochstrasse likes this.
  6. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

Hi Kamatsuram!

The problem with revenues is that generally catalogs don't list them. Normally a person must have a specialty catalog to pin them down. The only revenues I track are U.S.. Glad you were able to identify that one.

DonSellos likes this.
  7. kamatsuram

kamatsuram New Member

yes special issues + foreign alphabet = always a great adventure

DonSellos likes this.
  8. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

Welcome to StampExchange <kamasturam>!

I don't collect revenues but they are fascinating. The 'hunt' for a proper ID can be both frustrating and fun. Reminds me ...I have a Colombia airmail that in 40 years I have not been able to find in a catalogue! I will have to find it, post an image. I am sure one of the gurus we have here will be able to help.

Good collecting; hope to see more of your stamps. Cheers, Molokai!

9. kamatsuram

kamatsuram New Member

post picture we can try one more time . Here an stamp obviously not official issue, if any one have more info about,

French Priest Foucauld had one stampe emission in Algeria in 1950, and 1 in France in 1959 .This one ( no value) was stamped in 1952... another story to discover. 001.jpg

DonSellos and Molokai like this.
  10. DonSellos

Kamatsuram:

Looks like a cinderella that got posted on a envelope. There is an inscription on the lower left below the frame line. What does it read? That might be a clue to the item's origin.

Don

Hochstrasse likes this.
  11. Hochstrasse

As Don speculates your stamp is a Cinderella or charity stamp. The text on the bottom is difficult to read but appears to suggest something about Priest Foucauld and his beautiful life in the army of Christ through the priesthood.

12. kamatsuram

kamatsuram New Member

what is an average fair buy /sell price request for MNH basic stamps 1940--> 30-40-50% of catalogue price ?

13. Hochstrasse

Hi Kamtsuram

That's a rather difficult question to answer. Of course things like centering, country and rarity affect what anyone is willing to pay for a stamp. Also consider the fact that a percentage of catalog would also vary on the amount of stamps being purchased. The only thing certain is that most stamps newer than 1940 are usually a significant discount of catalog value.

DonSellos likes this.
  14. ram

ram Member

Welcome to the forum kamasturam

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted