Great Britain regional Issues

Discussion in 'World Stamps' started by steve logan, Sep 16, 2011.

1. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Hi to all

here are my scan of Regional Issues, this set is for Scotland, i will post the rest as i go on.

In an effort to try and get some of you collecting GB stamps i have this to offer below.

I have about 20 sets of 50 stamps up for trade, you will recieve the stamps and 2 copies of each of the album pages, one for mint and the other for used, i will have the same for all other regional stamps over the next week.

have a think about it, in the mean time enjoy the stamps.

View attachment 723 View attachment 724 View attachment 725 View attachment 726

2. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Only 1 page for Gurnsey, i have duplicates for the regional issues, not for the war occupation issues sorry
    View attachment 727

3. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Steve, I know you working on US, what other countries are you collecting???

I see what I have to send you. I would like what ever you have of GB. I just ordered an album, and used stamps are fine with me. Thanks

4. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

I collect every country, some are better collections than others, and i still have thousands of stamps to catalogue yet, i sorted just over 300,000 stamps alphabetical, and the more popular i have catalogued now, and as i say, USA, canada, and most commenwealth are either in stock books or on the album pages i bought, other i have lots to do.

i can send you a mass of GB, mostly used but would give you a great head start on the album lol

did you order album from FTE or someone else?

5. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Someone else. Its a Scott Great Britain Album (1840 - 2010). Found it local, (or close by) and got it for a good price.

steve logan likes this.
  6. firstguild

firstguild New Member

I love the Great Britain stamps, and I have collected those and Jersey, plus a large group of other Commonwealth countries including Canada and Australia. Do you find that England and Canada are issuing too many stamps every year now? I found that I started to loose interest on the more resent issues and have gone back to searching for older issues. The only countries I still get current issues from are Norfolk Island, Christmas Island and a couple of other smaller places.

7. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Just seen this and thought My God if it takes this long to get there local, how long would you wait if it was far away lol

hope you get it soon;)

8. kacyds

kacyds New Member

He had to get it shipped from the supplier, it was a specieal order item. Its now in. Going to go pick it up tonight. Im so excited.

9. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

Steve, I like your regional collection and I like the pages you are using. I had said to Kris on another thread that I regret getting the Scott Machin Album to house my Machin collection. I am more and more leaning toward the less expensive, print-it-yourself type of pages than the expensive, heavy binder type collections...would rather just put everything in a nice 3-ring and sort of do it all myself.

10. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Darrin

i use 4 ring, with the plastic sleeves for the pages.

they are presentation folders so you can make your own spines and fronts here is one i made, only work in progress as i am not very artistic (if i was i would be drawing and not collecting) lol

i got a great deal off ebay for the folders, 10 x 65mm 4D ring folders for £9.99 and that made my day.
    View attachment 930

11. firstguild

firstguild New Member

That looks extremely professional Steve, but don't you find it very expensive to print those types of pages. Color ink can go so quickly in these printers I find. I've tried making the pages myself too, but have begun to get a bit frustrated with the cost of ink. Right now I'm going through my huge collection of used Canadian stamps that I have collected over thirty years to find all the duplicates and variations etc., so I can arrange a really nice collection. That means I'm looking for a really nice album, homemade or professionally made to put it in. Suggestions are welcome.

12. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

i use Epsom printers a i can get the ink cartridges at about 1/10th the normal retail price, i also print on to 140mg matte paper, to make the pages sturdier so they do not slide about and damage stamps.

for me the expence in the mounts, they are quite expensive in the UK

13. firstguild

firstguild New Member

Thanks for the information Steve. I wish I had your source for cheap Ink, I use a Brother printer and the Ink is expensive. I agree that the mounts are expensive too. The stamp collecting stores that used to cluster around in downtown Toronto, Canada, where I live have slowly disappeared as the old buildings are replaced by big high-rise office buildings or condominiums. So now I am looking for a source on the internet that can supply my needs for mounts and other supplies.

14. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Firstguild,

Here is a couple of websites that you might want to look at for a Canada album.

http://www.arpinphilately.com/produ...a_stamp_albums/canada-harris-album/index.html

http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-WAthens/-strse-811/Scott-Canada-Album-Kit/Detail.bok

I have been looking at purchasing a Canada album, also. The first one is about $99 and has about half of the stamps illustrated. The second one is a little more, around $260, but is a nicer album. It has most of the stamps illustrated. I have a Scotts Great Britian album, and its awesome. You pay a little more, but sometimes its worth it. If you go with the second one, email them for the current 2010 album, so that you get the current one.

15. desertgem

desertgem Active Member

I use a canon inkjet and have refillable cartridges and buy the ink by the 8 oz bottle. If your Brother uses a chip in the cartridge, there are also directions and chip resetters on the internet. I have gone through 3 printer heads over the years. I often print manuals and stock reports off of the web. Here is a place with US and Canada centers. There are others also. The easiest printer to re-ink is a Canon i560. That is the reason they sold for $49 and now sell for 100-150 on ebay. You can save that in just a few canon cartridges.

http://www.re-inks.com/

Draft saved Draft deleted