GOOD TO GREAT STAMP FINDS in out-of-the-way places?

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by H. G. Golightly, Apr 13, 2018.

1. H. G. Golightly

H. G. Golightly Active Member

If any of the members care to share perhaps a Good to Great stamp find or purchase in Antique Shops, Flea Markets, Garage or Estate Sales, Etc, PLEASE
    Feel free to share. (Because,if it can happen to you, it might happen to
    one of us)
    My only story is not great but might be considered a good one.
    While searching Craig's list I came across an ad where the son of a
    stamp dealer had inherited his dad's collection and was getting ready to list it
    on eBay, if first, he could not sell the complete collection. The majority of his collection was French Territories, especially the FSAT. When asked the price for
    the complete group I found that there were many multiples of other French Territories that I really had no interest in. When I demurred from buying the complete lot, he offered to sell separate sets at only 15% of Scott CV!
    That, my fellow collectors, is how I started my French Antarctic Territories collection. He went on to find a buyer of all the remaining stamps, but only after I had bought all that I needed.
    Do you have a 'Good to Great Stamp Find' story that you are willing to share w/ this group?
    Please Advise,
    H.G. Golightly

DonSellos and Molokai like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted