Germany Definitive 800g Kiloware Mix

Discussion in 'World Stamps' started by Darrin, May 24, 2012.

1. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

Came today in the mail. Opened it up and started pawing through it and already started finding items I need to fill in spaces. I am sure this box will take me months to sort....Love it! And apologies for the blurry photo...using a video camera that doubles as a still camera, poorly. Not the best still photo quality.

View attachment 2670

2. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

I could use a months worth of stamps.... looks like fun!!

3. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Love it :) nothing like sorting through a BIG box of stamps LOL

4. RossTO

RossTO Member

Nice box o stamps there Darrin. If I might ask, where did you get that. I am always on the hunt for decently priced kiloware.

5. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

Ross, I bought it on eBay. The link below is to the seller's store on eBay. A lot of German kiloware as well as a smattering of other stuff. It didn't cost me overly much either. There are actually a lot of good kiloware lots...some overpriced, some bargains.

http://stores.ebay.com/Werners-Motivmarken-und-Zubehor?_trksid=p4340.l2563

6. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

I have clipped the excess paper off of a couple of hundred stamps already and have barely made a dent in the pile...

7. RossTO

RossTO Member

Guess I am really going to have to bit the proverbial bullet and spend an hour or two going through lots on ebay.

8. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

I usually haunt the Worldwide/Collections, Lots area and watch auctions as they end to see what bargains I can scoop up. It can be a lot of fun when you have some money to spend. I sell on eBay and plow everything I make right back into stamps. I had been lucky in the last round of auctions and made quite a bit of money. It was fun to go on a bit of a spending spree.

9. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Darrin, I have been doing that for the last couple of years. Buying collections and lots, keeping what I need, turning around and selling the rest. Its fun.......:D

Darrin likes this.
  10. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

I have also...which is what my Definitively Stamps FB page is supposed to be all about...my problem is consistency. I have been clipping and sorting through this german kiloware mix off and on now for 4 days and I still don't feel as if I have made a dent in it. I get too easily sidetracked and will leave it for a while and not follow through with my original intention which was to do exactly what you do above.

I am still sorting through all the GB you mailed me and want to start putting those on album pages but I find myself losing focus on that as well. It doesn't help, I suppose, that I have stuff to do around the house too. Oh, well, I can't make a living off of stamps and stamps won't paint my windows, and stamps won't replace the screens, and stamps won't garden, and stamps can't....

Reality sucks...

Sam B and kacyds like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted