GB - USA swap

Discussion in 'Want Lists' started by tu7, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

I have to agree I missed that post. The full name is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Kingdoms are not simply a place were there is a King LOL The Regional issues can be used in any part of the Kingdom.

zararina likes this.
  2. Thank you for the trade offer. I wouldn't be interested right now. I am not very interested in GB stamps unfortunately. Cheers!

3. Bionicbelly

Bionicbelly Getting this stamp thing licked

Ummm I think you may have misread the post Howard. My reading is that Tu7 was trying to explain the difference between "British" and the individual countries.

e.g Andy Murray is British, but he is Scottish not English - a concept that some of our foreign cousins seem to struggle with. Or an even better example - the Scottish and English bank notes can be used in either country - but they are not deemed as UK bank Notes - as no such Bank exists per se

Though of course, to " shoot Tu7 down" - (in the nicest of terms ) England now have their own regional stamps too.

Wonder how this will all change if Scotland go independent - can we rebuild the wall and put the Geordies back into Scotland ?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  4. Bionicbelly

Bionicbelly Getting this stamp thing licked

Many dealers and collectors consider CTO as not acceptable

5. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

I posted a couple of replies to individuals but to the general community: I have a lot of used US that I can trade for just about any country. I am one of the 'purists' in that I use mounts instead of hinges so most of my holdings are either never hinged or lightly hinged.

And like most everyone here, I have a lot of on-paper S/A's that I am holding until the day that someone comes up with the magic elixir to lift them off whole without any adhesive residues. I have heard of the Pure Citrus... anyone have good luck with that? I have also read where some folks use isobutene or hexane to clean with but that would probably leave a film and smell as well... those are stronger solvents.

Draft saved Draft deleted