G.B. Gibbons album number 1

Discussion in 'World Stamps' started by tu7, Mar 3, 2014.

?

Posting Album 1 Gibbons is...................

Poll closed Mar 24, 2014.
  1. Perfectly Acceptable

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Showing off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A definite no-no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Would anyone mind if I displayed my Gibbons album number 1, of which, I am very proud, or would it be perceived as smug and self congratulatory? Be as brutally honest with me as you like.
    Although it does not look like it, I am new and would appreciate member guidance.

2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Speaking for myself I would love to see it. Any time someone posts here it is of interest to lots of the members.

3. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Perfectly acceptable. Mostly whatever piques the interest of the collectors that inhabit this forum.

But 'show and tell' days are only allowed on the days that end in 'y' (at least for the English speaking world). Others can end in 'i' if that's what floats their boat.

4. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Well 'Tu7'

We await this image of the SG #1 or should I guess you have a problem with loading the image on this site (as indeed I have had) but persevere.

Showing any stamp on any site always leads to either awe or being shot down by the viewer but you should care less of others opinions. Quality is paramount and a good read-up of the Gibons catalalogue introductory pages will enlighten you.

5. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

If you have it flaunt it LOL

6. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Voted it is Perfectly acceptable! :D
    We love to see/view collections here!

7. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your gracious comments, I'll buckle down to some photography.

zararina and Steve Robinson like this.
  8. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

I have, how did you know?
    I thought it was at my end and have downloaded freefixer exec to try and help me locate my problem. No help so then I used Wisecare 365 and still no joy.
    Can anyone help; or, should I post the photos elswhere and then post links, is this allowed under the regulations?
    p.s. Remembered you like the larger font Phil so hope this makes it a bit better for you.
    with sincereity,
    Mr. tu7

9. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Hi 'Mr tu7'

Well as said - I guessed because you would have had the image up in a flash.

I have my scanned images on my hard drive under a title called 'Pictures', they are in the .jpg format.

Once you have the image on your hard drive you manipulate features on this site to transfer.

If you have the image else where you would have an URL link that you can copy and paste into a feature provided here. This application here you would also need to discover, it is an expedition for me too - hence my few images LOL.

Erich

o

10. Steve Robinson

I have a number of mine on Facebook and it is quite easy to link them

zararina likes this.
  11. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

I have a number of mine on Facebook and it is quite easy to link themI have too Phil. I'm not on that Steve, I am on some forums though and may try that.

Steve Robinson likes this.
  12. Steve Robinson

Just remember to watch your security, keep your posts to friends only :) There are a few of us here who are also on FB

zararina likes this.
  13. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

I am going to wax lyrical about the albums first, because I love them almost as much as the stamps.
    I lashed out for the four volume Stanley Gibbons Great Britain.
    Even the spine looks opulent, it all fits into a sexy navy slipcase like this.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
  14. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Even I can't see the image from postimage.org so here is the jpeg

Attached Files:

Steve Robinson and Hochstrasse like this.
  15. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Another philatelic black hole LOL

16. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Aspect of the album

Attached Files:

17. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Looks classic and high end. :D

18. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

My SG1

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
  19. stampdad

stampdad Member

As Steve Robinson mentioned about security please be carefull but otherwise ,SHOW IT OFF,theres nothing smug about showing off what you have worked hard to build over what I assume has taken you years .

20. Hhamahhth

Hhamahhth New Member

To be continued, I've had some terrible problems getting onto Exchange but hopefully all is behind me now.

Draft saved Draft deleted