Found Stamp Exchange Randomly

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by OttosWorld, Aug 5, 2019.

1. OttosWorld

OttosWorld New Member

I started collecting seriously in the 1970's when I was about 7 when our family's carpenter sent me and my brother some United Nations First Day Covers in the mail. What a great gift!

I wrote to the United Nations Postal Administration to request an order form and it was delivered in the mail a few dats later in a sharply printed blur envelope with an 8c stsmp featuring the UN Headquarters in New York City.

From thrre I branched out into many different countries including Sweden, Great Britain, Channel Islands and Isle of Man, Tuvalu, Ireland and Papua New Guinea.

When I was about 13, I sold at my first bourse at the Holiday Inn Hotel on Van Ness in San Francisco.

Well that's the very beginning. I was a member of the JPA, JPDA and in 1979 at the ripe old age of 15 years old, I became a member of the American Philatelic Society.

2. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Welcome OttosWorld. Glad you are still collecting and hope you will post some of your favorite stamps/collections.

Don

3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Glad you found us OttosWorld! Looking forward to your input. I'm also a long time APS member collecting all things U.S. and Germany with a small collection of PRC and worldwide.

4. anglobob

anglobob Moderator Moderator

A belated welcome......
    Anglobob

5. Harry Golightly

Harry Golightly NonHinged

Hello O.W.
    Glad to have you aboard. This is a very friendly & extremely well versed group philatelically. Therefore, if you have any questions, it's about a 99% chance you can get an answer from one of our illustrious & very experienced members.
    I collect British commonwealth MNH pre-1970 & recently completed a MNH TAAF/FSAT collection, including all Airmails up to their change over from French Francs to Euros in 2001.
    Cheers,
    Harry

Draft saved Draft deleted