Found a Revenue Stamp

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Gunny, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

Hit one of the local Antique Malls and came across this stock transfer certificate for the National Tea Company. It is either an R218, an R241 or an R258 2$ Internal Revenue Stamp. The R218 color is listed as "Carmine" and was printed from 1914-1915, the R241 color is listed as "Rose" and was printed in 1917 from what I can tell, and the R258 color is listed as "Rose" and was printed from 1928-1929. Considering the date of the document, this is looking like the R258.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

zararina likes this.
  2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

That was a good find. :)
    I do not own a classic documentary stamp and this one makes me want to have some. :D

3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Great find Gunny! I love revenue stamps on original documents. I got a few of those myself.

4. zararina

Nice to see some of those here Hoch. :)

5. CalzoneManiac

CalzoneManiac Member

I've encountered revenue stamps before. I have seen a few of the 1898 battleships, and at one time found an old bank check franked with a Scott R155 in a banknote lot.

Gunny likes this.
  6. Gunny

Here's another one that I picked up at an antique mall. It's on a check dated 1898. I do like the color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

zararina and Hochstrasse like this.
  7. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I like those battleship revenues, especially on document. That's a great acquisition!

8. zararina

Have not seen a check having a stamp, looks really classic. :)

9. Gunny

Here's a land transfer document from 1916 that has a 50C Documentary Revenue stamp affixed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hochstrasse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted