Fiscals

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by E-7, Jun 22, 2015.

?

All Time Favorite U.S.A. Fiscal Stamp

Poll closed Jun 29, 2015.
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 39

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Thanks for clearing that up. I have seen the 1898 Battleship blog. I enjoy that issue very much and have a bunch of them. My particular interest in them is their use in lieu of private die stamps. I have a few of them with the overprints of medicine companies. I believe I have a couple of them on revenue documents also.

2. E-7

E-7 New Member

Hochstrasse, then you should know my name is David Thompson, I've contributed a lot of the blog articles on 1898Revenues, and a few interesting plate varieties. When you said "I believe I have a couple of them on revenue documents also", I assume you mean (correct me if I'm assuming wrong) on Documentary documents/instruments? Or do you actually have them on Proprietary usages?

E-7

3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

The Battleships on document that I have are not propriety usage, but rather documents of ordinary business commerce of the day. I don't believe I even have any on stock script either. I'll have to go back to the 1898Revenues site and check out some of your articles and plate varieties. I have seen a few original patent medicine products with a battleship revenue on them. It would be neat to own something like that, but inconvenient to have to store. I seem to remember that they weren't cheap.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted