First time poster.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gmckeebiz, May 3, 2016.

1. gmckeebiz

gmckeebiz New Member

Hello, everyone. I'm 31 years old and am a big stamp collector. Did a search for some good stamp forums and this one seemed to be the most interesting. I really hope to add some positive contributions and learn a little bit more about each of you. Hopefully I'll add to the discussion and learn more about the hobby as a result of being a member of this forum. Looking forward to it!

Molokai likes this.
  2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum gmckeebiz! We have some very knowledgeable people here and everyone is very kind. I think will find some kindred souls here.

3. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello gmckeebiz, Welcome to the forum. I usually ask what do you collect? ww, country, themes or postal stationary? and what part of the world are you based please? Also do you have an easier name for us old fogies to remember?:)

Regards, James

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  4. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Hello there too and welcome to the forum. :)

5. ram

ram Member

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

6. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

A VERY belated welcome to the Forums... I have learned a lot from the conversations and I think you will agree.

Take care and ask LOTS of questions...:)

7. judyd

judyd New Member

What kind of stamps do you find the most interesting? That might be a way to figure out what you want your collection to look like? Maybe make a notebook especially for collecting, and anytime you run across a stamp you like, or a subject you like, or anything that relates to your hobbies, write it down. Use that information to enlarge your collection and make it personalized for you.

I don't know if you have children, but it can be a very good hobby in itself to share with your child. Then, that child always has those good memories to cherish of the time you spent working together.

James-2489 likes this.
  8. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Hello to you also judyd... didn't see you pop in earlier. But I work a lot of odd hours...

9. sahara1981

sahara1981 New Member

Hi there gmc,
    nice to meet you as well!
    I really like it and it is true there many friendly people here.

10. JCG

JCG Member

Welcome GNC

11. ram

ram Member

Welcome to the forum gmckeebiz

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

12. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

Welcome to The Exchange. Have fun.

13. SarahMae86

SarahMae86 New Member

Hey! I'm a young collector too (30). Always fun to bump into somebody my age interested in collecting. I collect US, New Zealand, Ireland, postal items related to polar exploration, and folk and fairy tales on stamps. What are your interests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Moaz

Moaz New Member

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay here with us, and collect more stamps.

15. joegirl

joegirl New Member

Hello. I'm also new here. I'm looking to get more information on how to start and manage a stamp collector as desk st my local library.

16. ShielaBabes

ShielaBabes New Member

Hello gmckeebiz and welcome to the forums!
    I too am also new here and like joegirl, I am also
    trying to get acquainted with stamps and it's beauty.

Cheers!

Draft saved Draft deleted