favorite series

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by swish513, Aug 6, 2011.

1. swish513

swish513 Active Member

my favorite series, as stated in my intro, is the 1893 columbian exposition. i also like the 1932 washington bicentennial series, and the 1934 national parks series. what are some of your favorite series?

2. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

I like all the old commems, pretty much anything from Columbus to Washington.
    The Pan-Ams are probably my favorite within that group.

3. Alvin

Alvin Member

I too am a fan of the older commemorative stamps, and the detailing on the Columbians and Pan-American series is very nice, a level of craftsmanship that we certainly don't see now (haven't in a long time), but there's something about the National Parks series that has a special appeal to me, perhaps that I visited many of these places in my youth.

POLICEDIVER likes this.
  4. usfirstdaycovers

usfirstdaycovers New Member

I am a big fan of the 1937 territory stamps- alaska , puerto rico, ect. and of the 1934 ntional park stamps.

5. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

I like Philippines national hero commemorative stamps and other such collections. I also like all stamps about animals and natural resources. Just like those stamps that have famous tourists spots of different countries.

6. masterofthehouse

masterofthehouse New Member

My personal favorite series is the Overrun Countries Series that was a tribute to the thirteen nations that had been occupied by the Axis Powers during World War II. It's a fantastic set that's strikingly beautiful and tragic at the same time. Definitely my favorite one.

Alvin likes this.
  7. POLICEDIVER

POLICEDIVER Member

I myself am a fan of the transportation coil series..also jumbo's..the bigger the stamp the better.. needless to say the $3 Mars Rover was a BIG hit with me!!

8. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

I Love the Columbus series as well, very good detail, just a shame i do not have them all though, and i have none of them mint yet but i am working on it

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I'm with ratio411 on this one as well as the Farley's Follies and National park series too.

10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Oh, can't forget trans-miss issues either!

11. kacyds

kacyds New Member

12. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Lovely stamps i have a few of the smaller values

13. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Yes they are Steve. Im been working on getting the $1 Cattle in the Storm. They cheapest I have seen them is around $150-175. Maybe I will luck up and get one in a bulk lot. lol

14. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

you do sometimes get a box with loads of good stuff in but not as often as i would like lol
    last box was a cracker for me:D

15. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Last box was awesome for me. but they are not always like that. lol:confused:

Draft saved Draft deleted